Re: Westell 7500 (2nd one) intermitant internet, timed out pings.. etc etc
techgeek27

SOOOOO, still lots of drops. I figured I would try something that was mentioned some place in this forum area. Plug the dsl directly into the Verizon splitter box outside. So i did.. Hmm soo good so far.. 

Did a test at pingtest.net... got A+ on my signal.

Here is the link to the test..

[URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/5937358.png[/IMG][/URL]

As for the dropping it has been to soon to tell. We shall see. 

Now what does this mean? That my, phone lines that are inside my are house are crap? The lines were put into our house 11 years ago. so the possibility of them being bad doesn't seem to high.

Hmm we shall see we have someone coming on Tuesday. Will try and post later on status.

0 Likes
techgeek27

Welp i am back.. because it is still not right.. they keep "fixing" it ... and it keeps "breaking"..  I quoted "breaking" cause i don't if anything is broke.. 

Well being the techgeek that i am i started to dig into it a little bit more.. 

Now I am back to the multiple timeouts etc etc etc..  

Using one of my favorite programs ping plotter, http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html, I watched some websites and they say the same thing across the board.. 

here is an image of the plots... 

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_e9FyRRNlkSc/Sza8nQ0XsII/AAAAAAAAApY/BHSI3B1YzRE/www.google.com.png

The one that pops into view over and over is the 10.11.13.1 I am assuming that is my DSL routers internal number to Verizon. I only look at this cause it's so close to the router and dropping packets.. 

If i do a ping to that one.. just using cmd line .. i get time outs just to it.. yeaa.. not really being sarcastic.. 

The next one that seem to be a consistent pain is 4.68.63.141 --- xe-11-3-0.edge1.Washington4.level3.net and 4.68.63.141 -- xe-11-3-0.edge1.Washington4.level3.net

I put both down because the trace route info .. jumps in between each one.. 

So i called yes i still have open ticket.. yeaaa i can't do anything reliable on the net right now.. 

Before i left i thought i might show my latest speed test.. it makes me laugh and cry at the same time... 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/663792150.png 

0 Likes
techgeek27

Hmmm my speeds got better all of a sudden... sooo i am not holding my breath

DOWNLOAD_MEGABITS

UPLOAD_MEGABITS

SERVER_NAME
Frederick, MD
Frederick, MD
Frederick, MD
Brandon, MB
Sydney, NS
Hammond, LA
Radnor, OH
Hamilton
Frederick, MD
Miami, FL
Monterrey, NL
Macclenny, FL
Frederick, MD
0 Likes
techgeek27

welp i got a litle bit my speed for the night now we are back too bad speeds again.. yeaa..

*sigh* i guess it's time to go to bed...

slow speed test

Ohh and i figured out how to imbed pictures (^_^)

0 Likes
techgeek27

dsl stats

0 Likes
techgeek27

Alll righty... techgeek back with some awesome news..  my internet connection  still S**ks.. 

I had a BRILLIANT idea. When i go to bed.. turn off alllll my computers.. 3 in total... turn off the dsl modem and unplug the dsl cable.. 

Well, woke up this morning.. plugged her in.. fired up my computer, all the other ones are still down.. and wouldn't u know it.. the speed is screeaming.. BUT... that lasted about 15 mins.. 

Then repeated disconnected.. i mean like i have never seen.. sometimes the connection would stay active for about 5 mins.. 

I love it ... not really.. what am i suppose to say.. well i snapped this show what screen i come to hate... 

0 Likes
techgeek27

Oh if u are wondering how i am able to post this stuff my internet is soo bad? Well, i am using a local open wifi that is Comcast If i am not mistaken..  hope that isn't advertising.. just saying.. it just always seeems to be working.. 

0 Likes
techgeek27

Info... came back from a xmas party.. yeaaa... internet is down.. booo... restarted the router... got internet ... yeaaa... speeed is good...

12/27/09 4:41 est 

0 Likes
techgeek27

Annnd it started droppin like  rock after about 10 mins..  

0 Likes
TopGun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi there,

I have seen this issue!

Tell the tech you have a sync and no route issue both if which must be fixed at the CO which for the non technic is the Central Office the place your signal comes from.  If all else fails get a replacement modem?

0 Likes