Westell 7500 issues!
tinternrain

I have had verizon dsl for a few months now and I've had to have a verizon tech come to my apt twice and both times the internet worked fine for him! But every few days my Westell 7500 modem just stops working, the internet light goes off and I have to turn it off an on not just once but at least 10 times to get and internet signal back and I want to throw it out the window!!!! Should I be asking verizon for a new modem or am I going to have the same problem with any of their modems??? I am thinking about buying my own modem, any suggestions under $100???

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Westell 7500 issues!
Burley1

I don't know what to tell you other that I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a Verizon Tech last night. This was the third phone call that I have had to make. I had to pretty much tell them I was going to cancel in order to get them to schedule a tech to come out to my house. They wanted to solve everything over the phone. I pay good money for my equipment to work. I hate the **bleep** thing. My neighbor has the same modem and is shuts off all the time. I don't know if its the network in my area or the modem. I would demand an upgrade. The Westell 7500 does is not a "N" network router. "N" is the newest technology.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Go buy your own RJ-45 WAN port router.

#2 Have all of your computer(s) behind the RJ-45 WAN port router.

#3 Then despite the title, follow this FAQ

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

0 Likes
mhilinski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what   I would recommend to you

1. I would call Verizon tech support and have them send you a new westell 7500

I have a question is your westell 7500 outdated?

if it is

when you call them tell them that your westell is outdated

and they will send you a replacement

Please Keep me posted

Thanks

0 Likes