Westell 7500 -- keep losing connection ?!?!
murphalina

New house, new DSL.  Have pretty much been having trouble with the Westell 7500 since setting it up.  I'll be on the internet just fine, then pages stop loading, I look over and either all the lights are solid green (not blinking), or the Internet light has turned red.  

I have filters on all my phones, and I don't have a filter on the line with the 7500.

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Westell 7500 -- keep losing connection ?!?!
murphalina
I decided to reboot since none of the green lights were blinking.  Now the power light is red and the DSL light is orange.  *sigh*  I have rebooted several times since then, still the same.  :smileyindifferent:
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Does the connection freeze and restart?

If so, see as need be: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/156

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@murphalina wrote:
I decided to reboot since none of the green lights were blinking.  Now the power light is red and the DSL light is orange.  *sigh*  I have rebooted several times since then, still the same.  :smileyindifferent:
By rebooting, are you referring to your computer or hitting the reset on the back of the modem?
0 Likes
murphalina

When the green lights stop blinking, or the Internet light turns red, it does not restart on its own.  I have to reboot the modem/router.  And by reboot, I mean turn the power off, wait 60 seconds, then turn it back on.  

Thanks very much for your assistance.  I have reached out to Verizon support about this, and so far they have been unable to help me.  

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@murphalina wrote:

When the green lights stop blinking, or the Internet light turns red, it does not restart on its own.  I have to reboot the modem/router.  And by reboot, I mean turn the power off, wait 60 seconds, then turn it back on.  

Thanks for the quick reply...the blinking green light...Are you referring to the Dsl light? 

After setting the router, does internet operation return to normal? 

Do you ever loos your internet connection when you recieve an incomming call?

Also. have you ever tried pluggin a phone in the cord that feeds the modem to ensure there is dial tone there?

0 Likes
murphalina

It is now completely stuck with the power light RED and the DSL light ORANGE.  I have unplugged it, plugged it in elsewhere, etc. and can't get these lights to change colors.

I plugged the modem cord into a phone and verified dial tone.

We weren't able to really make a connection between incoming calls and loss of connection.  It could be related, but we definitely lost connection quite often when there were no incoming calls.  

Hope this clarifies?   

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
If you hit the reset on the back of the router, do the lights restore?  If not, you router may be shot.
0 Likes
murphalina

I didn't see any buttons on the back of the router, but there was a button on the side, and a button on the front.  Pushed each and nothing happened.  Called Verizon who said my router was borked and they are sending me a new one.

Thanks for your help! 

0 Likes
Tampaite

Since you moved into a new house, you will have spare cables running from the Verizon Box(outside your house) into the outer wall of your house.

Place a call with Verizon and ask a tech to be sent..most likely one of your cable(s) is bad.

Similar thing happened with me and once the traffic was routed into the house with the spare cable my internet connectivity is much better...

Message Edited by Tampaite on 02-26-2009 10:01 AM
0 Likes