Re: Westell 7500 keeps dropping connection after 2 replacements!
larkinsfam

I love the dsl when it works properly.  I just need a reliable connection.  I hope the open tickets will resolve this.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Your download speed is right on the money for your package. You upload speed is a little low for your package. I suspect you might have a trouble somewhere on the line. Can you post your modem stats. Thanks.
0 Likes
upset

Verizon sent me a bum 7500 westell that burned out the connection to the computer-Cost me over 200.00$ to have it fixed-Thanks verizon!. This was the second westell they sent me. Third time's a charm> hopefully this 'new' modem will work properly.{please keep your posts courteous} 

Message Edited by KaLin on 11-10-2008 08:30 AM
0 Likes
larkinsfam

Tech guru...thank you. I will post my modem stats soon

Hoewver, this is absotluely ridicluous!  I contacted tech support, and some random Indian lady told me that they would send out a technician today (Monday).  When I called this morning (after my internet light has gone out 7 subsequent times this weekend) she asked for a good time.  I told her I requested time off from work on Tuesday so I could be home when the tech comes out.  She, in her wonderful broken engligh, told me that they can't come out tuesday, but can come out between 11-6 Monday.  Moron didn't understand I work!!  What is with Verizon and trying to get your stupid problems fixed? 

Annoyingly, I hung up the phone, and figured that when the tech called me on Monday, I would just call during my lunch hour and tell him to see if he can come when I get home at 6.  I just got a call from the technician an 2 hours ago.  I went to the bathroom to listen to the voicemail (we can't be on the phone during work), and he asked me to give him a call to reschedule  a better time.  I then got another call from him just one hour later and he told me that I should call verizon to reschedule seeing as how he can't touch base with me!  EVEN THOUGH I'M AT WORK  and was going to call him back on my lunch!

Doesn't anyone understand how hard this is to get a stupid problem fixed??  I'm pulling teeth just to get my internet to work consistently. 

Message Edited by larkinsfam on 11-10-2008 10:31 AM
Message Edited by larkinsfam on 11-10-2008 10:32 AM
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Since Verizon has sent DSL tech support to India customer support has gotten much worse. I wish they would listen to the customer and send out a tech when requested by the customer.
0 Likes
rxp188

so did you ever get your connection to work normally? i'm having the same issue and just the other day Verizon is shipping me over a new 7500 but if you still saw the same issues with a new modem

i might need to consider switching to another provider.. 

0 Likes
Tampaite

Am having the same issues...Ordered DSL about 2 weeks ago.

The first few days were OK but lately am having to reboot my modem every 3-4 hours...Called tech support and they would give me the run around to do standard checks and this involves rebooting the modem and needless to say, I would be back online..

Finally, after 2 weeks I was able to get hold of a tech support guy who ran a line test and said he would dispatch a new modem..so will look for it in the next few days...

0 Likes
Russ
WOW. I have the same problem as you.  Never had the issue until I went to the Dry Loop service.  My guess is it's the technology they use without a phone. {please keep it relevant} Cheers. 
Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 02-07-2009 10:22 AM
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@larkinsfam wrote:

Annoyingly, I hung up the phone, and figured that when the tech called me on Monday, I would just call during my lunch hour and tell him to see if he can come when I get home at 6.  I just got a call from the technician an 2 hours ago.  I went to the bathroom to listen to the voicemail (we can't be on the phone during work), and he asked me to give him a call to reschedule  a better time.  I then got another call from him just one hour later and he told me that I should call verizon to reschedule seeing as how he can't touch base with me!  EVEN THOUGH I'M AT WORK  and was going to call him back on my lunch!

Doesn't anyone understand how hard this is to get a stupid problem fixed??  I'm pulling teeth just to get my internet to work consistently. 

I feel your pain.  I had work done on my own Dsl recently...I even told them I was an employee...  It goes beyond frustrating.  In you situation you need a tech sent out to resolve your issue to isolate your trouble.  Something is interfering with your signal.  Telcoguru suggested running a wire direcrly from outside at your interface to your modem.  Have you tried this?  This will eliminate everything in your house that could cause any interference to your router.  Here is a list of things I've seen kill a dsl signal:

Cordless phones

Satellite recievers

Dialup modems still connected

Filter placed between the wall and the router

Alarm systems

One of the best fixes I've found is placing a special filter at the interface which seperates the modem wire from the rest of the house.  The tech will aso be able to isolate if the trouble is inside or outside.

As for disabling the wireless, that should have no effect to loosing the Dsl light (signal)  It should remain on at all times.