Westell 7500 losing Internet light over and over and over again!
unhappywmodem

I've made over a dozen lengthy Verizon support calls and am still waiting for a resolution to a problem we're having with our "new" Verizon DSL line. After searching several sites on my own I think this modem (Westell 7500) is having speed/latency problems. When working the line is great, fast, and reliable right until the Internet light goes off. To recover, we simply turn off the modem and turn it on again...and then wait until all the lights stabilize. We often have to do this 4 or 5 times A DAY. I'm giving up on Verizon ever sending out a tech, since I've requested it several times and the "Central office" has never called back. At this point, I'd like Verizon to replace this modem (the 2nd Westell 7500 they've sent out) with something that can sync better (maybe a Westell 6100G?). I've read on several forums that this modem fixed the same problem for other people. Help?

My stats when working are:

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 768
Margin (dB) 5.7 10.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 50.0 30.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 17.7 11.9

I currently have a connection...but it won't last.

Thank you for any help you can give!!!

0 Likes
Re: Westell 7500 losing Internet light over and over and over again!
sandra_dee

I had the similar problem on New Year's Eve. Please see this link

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Westell-Model-7500-Internet-LIght-goes...

Just a shot in the dark - try reseting it

I have been unable to find a user manual on how to best take care of the Westell Modem 7500 - figure we better get smart on the operation of this modem certainly more smart than the tech support Smiley Very Happy before our contract with Verizon expires.

Any suggestioins?

0 Likes