Westell 7500 modem with wireless problems
Summerbear5
So after many times loosing internet connection I did some research and found out that it was possible someone was trying to access my internet connection threw the wireless feature of the westell 7500 modem. I went into the settings and turned off wireless completely and it seemed to have resolved the issue but not completely. I still get dropped internet connection but it is more rarely now, and could possibly be caused by a busy night when a lot of people are online surfing the net. But now I'm needing some more help on this same issue. I'm needing to turn the wireless back on to accommodate my wireless laptop but I don't want to fight with the whole situation of the internet connection being dropped cause some jerk is trying to access and steal from my connection. I don't feel like constantly resetting the modem everytime it decides to block all access. Mainly I'm wondering what I can do or adjust so only I can see and access this wireless network. Or what can I do so that even if there is a lot of failed attempts the modem doesn't decided to cut it off for everyone ESPECIALLY the main computer which it is wired too.
0 Likes
Re: Westell 7500 modem with wireless problems
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Please post your modem stats.

If you do not know where they are, please post and someone will help you..
0 Likes