Westell 7500 or Line Problem?
freddyrich636
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem as everyone else, my connection keeps dropping, at least 2x a day. To get it back up, I have to re-boot or re-start my modem. Sometimes even a restart doesn't work, I have to go into the modem and hit the connect button for it to connect again. Of course Tech Support came out 3 times, they said everything looks fine, recommended I get another modem (7500) and I did, but am still having the same problem. I noticed, if I have a active connection, it won't disconnect, but if not in use, say for 3 hours, it'll disconnect. One Field Agent recommended I get the Actiontec, but of course I have to pay for it. But my question is, for anyone that had this problem did the switch to an Actiontec work? I just find it hard to believe that if its a line problem, how can so many people from so many areas have the same problem? If its a modem problem, why doesn't Verizon tell me this on the phone, and not make me jump through 10,000 hoops, knowing its the modem all along. I have no problem paying for a modem if it will fix my problem. I only pay $19.99/month but **bleep** it, I would atleast like the internet to work when I need it. I haven't even paid my 2nd months bill yet, and Verizon says if I disconnect, I have to pay a $80 early temination fee.

0 Likes