Westell 7500
Lladyanime02

Hello, my mom is having trouble connecting to the internet using her Verizon Wireless Westell 7500 modem. She is trying to connect an Alienware computer using Windows XP and a Mac Air. On the Alienware, she was told the modem was sending out signals but the Alienware was blocking them. We disabled firewall and tried both the ethernet connection and the USB cable. On the Mac Air, it shows full bars but is extremely slow to load and the connection eventually times out.

We've tried restarting both the modem and the computers multiple times. The internet light on the Westell is blinking green. Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 7500
lilychch

Request a new modem and specify that you don't what a westell 7500

I have had issues with this modem for months now. I have been on the phone with the tech support people multiple times, and had technicians come to my place twice, and my modem changed to another westell 7500, and still have unreliable connection

Keep track of the light patterns on the modem and let the tech support people know. The power and DSL light should always be solid green. The internet and wireless light may or may not be on, or blink.

One thing I did learn from the tech support people is how to get through their tech support system. Once you call, they will surely tell you to restart your modem, go ahead and do so before calling because by the time they pick up your call, the service will stop working. Run a online movie on you computer, that way you will know for sure when your internet stops working.

The tech support people will ask you to restart your computer. Just let them know that you just did. Last time I was on the phone with them my connection went down during the call, and they ran a test. Then was they send the technician to my home.

0 Likes