Switch Account

Westell DSL Modem and Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router No Longer Working Together

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Westell DSL Modem and Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router No Longer Working Together

Message 1 of 3
(5,271 Views)
I have worked for sometime using the Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router with Verizon's Westell DSL Modem (2100). For the past months this setup no longer allows me to connect both computer (desktop and a laptop) to the internet. Only one device is allowed to access the internet at a time. The router works fine. I verified this by taking it to work and attaching the Linksys to the network then I attached a my desktop and laptop to the router. Both devices had access to the internet and network.

I attach the same laptop and my desktop at home to the Linksys Router which is attached to the Westell DSL Modem, I can only gain access to the internet via one device. Plus it takes forever to get access. It worked fine for a couple of years. Something has changed. I made no changes on my end. Each device works fine when attached directly to the Westell DSL Modem.

I called Verizon's on-line help a number of times and everytime I called it was just a series of shutdowns, disconnecting devices, etc. etec. etc. I was told I would just have to attached each device directly to the Westell DSL modem one at a time. This is a pain! I changed to Verizon because I could attach a router and attach my desktop and laptop in order to connect to the internet at the same time...

It makes no sense as I have used the configuration for some time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Westell DSL Modem and Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router No Longer Working Together

Message 2 of 3
(5,257 Views)
I am not sure, how about the following:

http://help.expedient.com/broadband/westell2100.shtml

#2 OR

http://help.expedient.com/broadband/westell2100bridge.shtml

?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Westell DSL Modem and Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router No Longer Working Together

Message 3 of 3
(5,249 Views)
Thanks. I will take a look and let you know if it helped.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.