Westell Model 327W DSL connection in and out today about every 10 minutes
MonkMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else in Eastern MA having the same problem today?

Re: Westell Model 327W DSL connection in and out today about every 10 minutes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it still acting up? I know there were some problems in Massachusetts which caused problems for people on FiOS and DSL. Seems the FiOS network in the affected areas has come back online. Not sure about DSL if it's working 100%.

MonkMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, still having service problems this morning.  Losing and regaining my DSL connection about every 5 to 10 minutes.  Very discouraging.  Can't do anything unless I time it perfectly to fit in between the constant ups and downs.  I tried to notify Verizon of the problem by phone yesterday, but no luck with their robotic phone system.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you by any chance happen to have Voice Service with Verizon? If you do, is it experiencing issues such as static, especially during the times when the DSL is disconnecting? That would be an indication of a physical issue with the DSL circuit. Even then, seeing your modem Transceiver Statistics would be nice, along with your modem logs.

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ and choose System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors, and then Transceiver Statistics. Post up the information you see there. In the same Advanced Monitors page, you will also find the section for the modem's logs. Provide the logs from the "All" category. The "Connection" category will also work.

Should you need a Username and Password for the modem, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

MonkMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have voice service with Verizon and it has been buggy (noisy) as Hell this past week:

1) A very loud hum on Sunday.  Reasonably okay prior to that.

2) Loud crackling and popping Monday through today (exceptionally bad last night)

3) Strange noises coming over the line best described as short, loud signal tones

We have had loud hum problems many times in the past, but it never affected our DSL to the point where we lost it.  Verizon has been out here dozens of times. Local lines are old and faulty.  Each time they correct it, it is temporary.  Next good rain storm and the hum is back (more or less)... but we never lost DSL over hum alone.

The loud crackling and popping noises are brand new in our experience... and yes, the loss of DSL seems to correspond to the periods of worst, noisiest voice service this week (as best we can tell).

We do have a repair request in on the voice service, but it keeps getting postponed and/or outright cancelled.  They are now giving us a fix date of August 19th... believe it or not.  We will have Comcast out here before that!!!

Logs will be incomplete after last night. When DSL wouldn't stay up for more than a few seconds at a time (and was off entirely for several hours), I did a complete reset of the Westell.  Didn't help, but I had to try it.

We've only lost the DSL a few times so far this morning.  Weather is better and that is probably making the difference.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like I have all of the information needed. The humming does in fact degrade the DSL Service, even if it may not seem like it is actually taking place. SInce you're having Static, getting that corrected and solved for sure, along with the humming will improve the DSL service. There is currently a Verizon strike taking place, so what you might be seeing is the long delay being caused from that. Only a few guys out of an army of techs in each area to handle everything until the strike is resolved.

SSID67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Philadelphia and every weekend it seems to happen like today. from 9 to about noon. Only once did the come out and check the line from the trunk to the house. that took care of the problem for about 2 and 1/2 months then slowly I noticed the same proble happing. Other times there are long delays and any time I get updates for software at night the following morning the updates are never completed. I'm not sure what the proble is but I know when the DSL light just keeps on blinking like it did in the middle of this message I' with out internet. DSL light jus came back on.  I was disconnected dfor 3 minutes it is time to leave Verizon.

rojoho2920

I am having problems with my westell327w, I believe I need a replacemet

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rojoho2920 wrote:

I am having problems with my westell327w, I believe I need a replacemet

If you'd like to start a new thread, we can see what the deal is and if the modem actually need replacement.

0 Likes