Westell Model 7500 Internet LIght goes off
sandra_dee

I had verizon high-speed for three months. I always kept the Westel Model 7500 turned on. Yesterday, few hours before New Years it stopped working. Called the tech at verizon and said that the modem stopped working because there is no green light next to "Internet", so he had me do a reset.

Today, there was no green light next to "Internet", so I had to turn off and turn on the router. A second incident happened again about two hours later and again I had to turn off and turn on the router.

Kindly tell me how to proceed.

Thanks,

Sandra

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Westell Model 7500 Internet LIght goes off
deejean

Sandra_Dee,

I too have been having this problem, only it has been happening since I changed my over to VERIZON and recieved this NEW modem (7500) which has been since 11/06/09. I have called technical support NUMEROUS times and have yet to resolve the problem.  The latest answer I got was just today, I was told that I am having this problem because I am upgrading my internet speed.  Which, in actually, I am not upgrading my speed, I was suppose to have this "upgrade" all along and of course someone dropped the ball.  My order is in pending status and will be complete on the 11th, although I was told on the 7th when I called technical support AGAIN, that it would be up and running the 8th.........news to me that it won't be until the 11th. 

I have been extremely FRUSTRATED with VERIZON and their customer service reps., not to mention, I can not understand them most of the time.

With regards to the modem, I was told that the INTERNET LIGHT should remain on (solid)........mine is either OFF or FLASHING.......it rarely is SOLID.  I have turned it off and on numerous times especially in the same day.  I have reset my modem as well..........perhaps it is the modem???

Good luck with getting your issued resolved, as I am still dealing with mine.

djm

0 Likes
makoute

I just got one last night, and I've been having the same problem.  I'll check again tonight when I get home to see if it's fixed, or if it is still happening.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

go here 192.168.1.1/transtat.htm

copy and paste your stats when its working good, and then post them when it's having a problem too.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@deejean wrote:

Sandra_Dee,

I too have been having this problem, only it has been happening since I changed my over to VERIZON and recieved this NEW modem (7500) which has been since 11/06/09. I have called technical support NUMEROUS times and have yet to resolve the problem.  The latest answer I got was just today, I was told that I am having this problem because I am upgrading my internet speed.  Which, in actually, I am not upgrading my speed, I was suppose to have this "upgrade" all along and of course someone dropped the ball.  My order is in pending status and will be complete on the 11th, although I was told on the 7th when I called technical support AGAIN, that it would be up and running the 8th.........news to me that it won't be until the 11th. 

I have been extremely FRUSTRATED with VERIZON and their customer service reps., not to mention, I can not understand them most of the time.

With regards to the modem, I was told that the INTERNET LIGHT should remain on (solid)........mine is either OFF or FLASHING.......it rarely is SOLID.  I have turned it off and on numerous times especially in the same day.  I have reset my modem as well..........perhaps it is the modem???

Good luck with getting your issued resolved, as I am still dealing with mine.

djm

Should be flickering - that indicates activity - if its solid and stays solid then the router is frozen and probably needs a reboot.

0 Likes
makoute

@

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I'm sorry, I am not sure why it doesn't.

Try loging into your router at http://192.168.1.1     go to system monitoring, and then tranceiver stats.  you MAY have to hit advanced or something to find it, but it will be under system monitoring and tranceiver stats.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
makoute

I don't have that option at all.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@makoute wrote:

I don't have that option at all.

Ok, then what option (or options) do you have?

0 Likes