What is installed When High Speed Internet is enabled on my PC with an existing DSL account?
csrote

My question is prompted by the fact that after the Verzion install, there is no Broadband object in the Network and Sharing Center.  With no object, no properties can be edited such as Public vs Home.  However, keep in mind that everything is working fine except for the fact that somewhere along the line my connection was classified as "Public" when it should be "Home."

My original problem was that my modem failed while I was online.  But it took both Verizon and Hewlett Packard support folks to determine that the modem was at fault and the computer was actually OK.  But of course they changed alot of things on the computer, including doing a rollback to before a recent large update, before determining that the modem was at fault. 

My recent Verizon High Speed Internet install was with a 6100 modem that I obtained for temporary use.

I now want to install my recently acquired Westell AD90-750015-07 Rev M modem and then install my recently acquired D-Link DIR-655 Wireless Router.

Should I roll back to before this all happened and then install the 7500/DIR-655 combo?

I would feel more in control if there was a Verizon Modem or Brandband object in Network and Sharing Center.

Keep in mind that all is currently workin OK except for the Public/Home issue and no way to change it with no Object in Network and Sharing Center.

Thank you for your help in explaining this.

csrote

0 Likes