Switch Account

When will verizon upgrade my dsl lines.

When will verizon upgrade my dsl lines.

Highlighted
Contributor xnmalletx
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(7,530 Views)
I have the 3 mbps/768kbps plan through verizon but I am only able to recieve 1.5 mbps download and 384 kbps currently because of my area and I am wondering when if ever will verizon update my area so I can have a faster plan. I am just outside the village town. My friend in the town has 3 mbps so I'm not that far from it. I mean what motivation does verizon even have to expand out to my house, I'm paying just as much for the 3mbps as 1.5. So why would they care what speeds i get?
1 REPLY 1
Copper Contributor HelpDesk
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(7,147 Views)

Hello,

Speed of the services depends upon variety of the factors like distance from central office,avalabily from CO etc.

However you would be charged the same amount for 1.5 to 3 Mbps.however you can still check by calling 1-800-567-6789 to know if your CO is upgraded to serve you with high speed.

Thanks
Helpdesk
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.