Where to Complain
voodoo68

I challenge anyone from Verizon to come set up their computer at my house, plug in my internet, and put in an 8 hour day. And then look me in the eye and tell me they would pay for this.

I call service they go through all the same stuff, reset this and that, (which I tell them I have already tried 10 times) Then eventually they try and send repair here, I have had them here 3-4 times. Nobody accomplishes Anything.

I get a fast speed 10% of the time, actual service 65% of the time, most of the time when I do have service it is so slow its hard to even try and open a website. I lost connection 3 times just while trying to send this message.

This is  absolutely horrible. If nobody can fix this then I will be looking for another service.

0 Likes
Re: Where to Complain
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

We'll fix it. Let's get some info first to troubleshoot this problem.

The issues you have are all day long and completely random, correct? Does poor performance coorelate with the afternoon or evening hours by chance?

How about some Transceiver Statistics? If you tell us what modem you have, that would help us help you get those statisitics. Modem logs also can help us out a ton while you're at it.

0 Likes
voodoo68

Westell 6100G

Yes, All day, everyday and completely random

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ and choose System Monitoring from the top Navigation. From there, choose Advanced Monitoring from the Left hand side navigation and then click Yes through the prompt. Finally, choose Transceiver Statistics and copy/paste the statistics you get to a forum post here.

While you're at it, also provide the System Logs from the modem. When you're in the Advanced Monitoring section of the modem, choose System Logging. In System Logging, choose "All" from the drop-down menu. Copy and paste the log into a www.pastebin.com post, and provide the link to the paste to us.

0 Likes
voodoo68

Okay, I tried to go to this link, but when I do it askes me for username and password, http://192.168.1.1/     After I entered that Username and password, about 12 times it just keeps telling me Unautherized access.

So what is the problem here, or is there some special password?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@voodoo68 wrote:

Okay, I tried to go to this link, but when I do it askes me for username and password, http://192.168.1.1/     After I entered that Username and password, about 12 times it just keeps telling me Unautherized access.

So what is the problem here, or is there some special password?

If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Serial Number.

By Serial Number, I don't mean type in the words Serial Number. I mean find and type in the serial number found on the bottom of this router.

If that does not work, please post. Then someone will tell you what to do next...

0 Likes
voodoo68
Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)128448
Margin (dB)21.714.0
Line Attenuation (dB)55.531.5
Transmit Power (dBm)13.011.9
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No wonder it's so slow. For whatever reason your modem is synced at 128kbps download. The line has enough capacity for speeds higher than that. With that being said, can you post up your modem's logs? Go to the same location where you found the link to the Transceiver Statistics (Advanced System Monitors) and choose System Logging instead. In System Logging, in the drop-box box, select the "All" option and finally, copy and paste the contents of the log to a paste at http://www.pastebin.com/ and provide the URL to the paste (make sure you mark the paste as private), OR, save a copy of the log to your computer, and upload the log as an attachment to your post.

Once you've got the log safe and in a post for us to see, go ahead and reboot the modem. Provide the new Transceiver Statistics after the reboot.

Looks like we'll be troubleshooting a swinging trouble regarding the line. It almost seems as if the problem is with some device on the phone line that is not filtered using the line, but it could also be line damage as well that appears every so often. These ones take a little bit of time to troubleshoot, so try to stop back as often as possible so we can narrow things down quicker.

0 Likes
voodoo68

I think this should be the paste, never heard of pastebin, so I had to start and account, blah, blah

http://pastebin.com/qRyZbgBJ

0 Likes
voodoo68
Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)736448
Margin (dB)12.214.0
Line Attenuation (dB)56.831.5