Where/which can I call/chat to upgrade my HSI tier?
grapecookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

The story is today, I had Verizon technician to fix my HSI-enhanced speed up to max speed (3mbps) that I ordered. I asked him what is maximum speed HSI can get in my area. He told me that my area can get 15mbps. So, I looked over add/change service (my Verizon). There is only two 2 options:

1. HSI  0.5mbps-1mbps
  2. HSI-enhanced 1.1-3mbps - I ordered this

I know that there are 2 more tier 5-7.1 and 7.1-15mpbs.My questions are:

• Where/which can I call/chat to upgrade my HSI tier from the 3mbps?
  • Will those tiers increase my monthly bill ? I'm already paying for HSI-enhanced plan.

I don't want to spend hours on phone to figure out which right department to call. Last time, I called I went from billing to tech and back at some department to get my answer.

So thank you for all answers.

For references, here is my  transceiver static

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data PathFAST
Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)3358863
Margin (dB)27.317.7
Line Attenuation (dB)25.511.3
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where/which can I call/chat to upgrade my HSI tier?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you pay for 3Mbps, you pay for 15Mbps. You'll have to wrestle this out with the billing department, or with a tech who has access into the system far enough to set 15M for you.

With that kind of line, expect to see 7-10Mbps as your set speed for stability.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you pay for 3Mbps, you pay for 15Mbps. You'll have to wrestle this out with the billing department, or with a tech who has access into the system far enough to set 15M for you.

With that kind of line, expect to see 7-10Mbps as your set speed for stability.

0 Likes
grapecookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your answer Smith6612

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. Good luck 🙂

0 Likes
grapecookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

^.^ seem like I don't have any luck at all Smith6612. I called Verizon today for my speed fix AGAIN. And I got the technician told me clearly. I can definitely get the 5 to 7 Mbps, yet the billing represetative told me ...I can't get any higher...If I want to go higher...I can go to another provider -sad-

Oh well...

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@grapecookie wrote:

I can't get any higher...If I want to go higher...I can go to another provider -sad-

Oh well...

For shame... There really shouldn't be a reason these days as to why more than 3Mbps cannot be provided. I've worked with many ISPs (executive contacts, even), and every time I've asked about speeds greater than 3Mbps on good lines, the answer's always been something along the lines of "We just don't. There's not a technical limitation stopping us." I don't even believe it's acceptable for an agent to be telling you to find another provider, either.

Anyways, we'll work this out via PM. Gotta get your line fixed first!

0 Likes