Why I completely stopped using Verizon today
Matt_P1
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no love lost here.  

FIRST:  I live in the country, and it has become clear that Verizon does not care about rural customers.  Our modem has to be restarted a few times a day, it is not suitable for watching streaming video about 1/2 the time.

It is true that they dutifully send out a technician or a new modem (or both) whenever we complain.  BUT...they never put in components that are going to last, and when the next freeze hits or there's dew on the ground, heavy rain, high humidity, or we wait a few months, we're right back where we started, and a technician has once again to repair the roadside connections or the switch up the road.  So, instead of putting in components that will last and upgrading the connections, Verizon actually expects us to bug them about twice a month.  We got tired of that a long time ago and just...stopped using it for the most part.

SECOND:  They are charging us $80/month for a basic tier of internet with no add-ons.  Which of you is paying $80/month for that service?  This is two years, I might add, after I talked them down to $65 a month...they just slowly raised it back up, and here we are. I am not the sort of person that wants to keep renegotiating my internet bill every two years.  And $80 a month is a crime.

THIRD: Verizon is essentially a monopoly, and I am concerned what they will do in light of net neutrality.

In summary: if there is any way I can do it, Verizon is never getting my business again.  They've gotten $80 of my money every month for a very long time, so the worst part of all this is that it doesn't even hurt them in the least to see me go.

The least you can do, Verizon, is leave this post up for others to see...

Re: Why I completely stopped using Verizon today
jonjones1
Legend

I could see it.

i don’t blame you for being angry. If there is another provider out there I would simply go to them. If it was making me upset I would just bail.

Fortyb4five
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive had verizon dsl for over 6 years and have been a loyal customer, but never seem to get any loyalty in return. Terrible connection (not speeds im paying for) and terrible customer support. Im going to look at changing to hughesnet after the weekend.  Good riddance verizon. I wont miss you and your terrible employees.

chelle1268
Enthusiast - Level 1

They just did the same thing to me. If they don't remove the $10.00. I'm going elsewhere.

@Matt_P wrote:

There is no love lost here.  

FIRST:  I live in the country, and it has become clear that Verizon does not care about rural customers.  Our modem has to be restarted a few times a day, it is not suitable for watching streaming video about 1/2 the time.

It is true that they dutifully send out a technician or a new modem (or both) whenever we complain.  BUT...they never put in components that are going to last, and when the next freeze hits or there's dew on the ground, heavy rain, high humidity, or we wait a few months, we're right back where we started, and a technician has once again to repair the roadside connections or the switch up the road.  So, instead of putting in components that will last and upgrading the connections, Verizon actually expects us to bug them about twice a month.  We got tired of that a long time ago and just...stopped using it for the most part.

SECOND:  They are charging us $80/month for a basic tier of internet with no add-ons.  Which of you is paying $80/month for that service?  This is two years, I might add, after I talked them down to $65 a month...they just slowly raised it back up, and here we are. I am not the sort of person that wants to keep renegotiating my internet bill every two years.  And $80 a month is a crime.

THIRD: Verizon is essentially a monopoly, and I am concerned what they will do in light of net neutrality.

In summary: if there is any way I can do it, Verizon is never getting my business again.  They've gotten $80 of my money every month for a very long time, so the worst part of all this is that it doesn't even hurt them in the least to see me go.

The least you can do, Verizon, is leave this post up for others to see...

Henrysmooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

For paying that much I would just jump on a cellular service, however the cellular services do not seem to offer tethering to the pc in the same unlimited quantity or quality if at all.

Oh wait, We are not getting any quality with verizon dsl to begin with.

I'd have better luck building a super antenna and getting free wifi from across town.

I believe I am going to just keep shopping once this 5g comes out goodbye verizon forever!

0 Likes
miltk1
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon is extremely greedy with imo no business sense. they could easily dominate the market in cell service but they priced themselves out of everyone's reach when they could have easily had competetitive prices and blown the other providers out of the water.

as for my tv service it is absolutely archaic that they dole out hd channels based on service  plans. this is the 21st century. EVERY package should have ALL the channels in hd. spectrum does. spectrum has all their channels in hd and the packages are add-ons to the basics

call them to end your service and they will give you a better deal. i called spectrum and told them i was leaving and they said they could give me the same package for 33% OFF- $210 down to $140!!!! i can easily do the same if verizon messes this up

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a landline, definitely use that as an advantage towards getting your line repaired for good. Priority is on ensuring you have a clear, and usable landline. Internet comes second.

As it's been seen elsewhere across the Internet, Verizon's had less focus on Landlines given the downturn of home phone subscriptions, and given the fact that DSL in many areas with cable companies isn't competitive anymore. The focus is also on 5G, which if Verizon lives up to their promise of massive deployments and no data caps or throttling, should prove to be a viable replacement for DSL. In some areas, Verizon may be able to beef up LTE enough to also act as a DSL Replacement, given that wireless technology itself already has more capacity than a typical DSLAM. Wireless is no replacement for FiOS of course.

0 Likes