Win XP upgrade to SP3 from SP1 question
mwk

Hi all,

I know I'm WAY behind the curve on this, but I have never gotten around to upgrading my XP computer to Service Pack 2.  Everything was working just fine and I never really felt the need.

Now, I do need to do the upgrade.  I see that I can go directly to SP3, from SP1 which is good.  My question is, are there any "gotcha's" with the Verizon DSL software, when I upgrade?  I can't find any information here about it.  Other than backing up critical files, etc? 

I am not using the usb modem, it's an older Ethernet version, I believe it's a Westell.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Win XP upgrade to SP3 from SP1 question
Ucamuk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi MWK

Do you absolutely have to upgrade to SP3?

I can't speak for any Verizon software  'gotchas' in upgrading to SP3, but there's a heck of a lot of other problems.  Try Googling SP3 and you'll see 'em all.

I'm running SP2 right now, and I think I'm gonna stay right here untill I'm sure MS has ironed all the kinks out of the newest service pack.

0 Likes
Re: Win XP upgrade to SP3 from SP1 question
Markondude

Hey You should be fine installing s.pack 3. Service packs usually are safe and are not even close to  betas. I have it due to its the latest in all the patches and security updates microsoft has presently and I have not had any issues. Sp 2 is quite old and has been out for some time now. sp3 is about 8months old...its fine.

Great Day now

Mark Johnson Diebold Inc.

MCSE

0 Likes