Switch Account

Win XP upgrade to SP3 from SP1 question

Win XP upgrade to SP3 from SP1 question

Contributor mwk
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(7,929 Views)

Hi all,

I know I'm WAY behind the curve on this, but I have never gotten around to upgrading my XP computer to Service Pack 2.  Everything was working just fine and I never really felt the need.

Now, I do need to do the upgrade.  I see that I can go directly to SP3, from SP1 which is good.  My question is, are there any "gotcha's" with the Verizon DSL software, when I upgrade?  I can't find any information here about it.  Other than backing up critical files, etc? 

I am not using the usb modem, it's an older Ethernet version, I believe it's a Westell.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(7,892 Views)

Hi MWK

Do you absolutely have to upgrade to SP3?

I can't speak for any Verizon software  'gotchas' in upgrading to SP3, but there's a heck of a lot of other problems.  Try Googling SP3 and you'll see 'em all.

I'm running SP2 right now, and I think I'm gonna stay right here untill I'm sure MS has ironed all the kinks out of the newest service pack.

Contributor Markondude
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(7,733 Views)

Hey You should be fine installing s.pack 3. Service packs usually are safe and are not even close to  betas. I have it due to its the latest in all the patches and security updates microsoft has presently and I have not had any issues. Sp 2 is quite old and has been out for some time now. sp3 is about 8months old...its fine.

Great Day now

Mark Johnson Diebold Inc.

MCSE

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.