Re: Wireless Connection, but No Internet Connection
Felix330

Think the Modem is done?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

#3 What is the OS and Version of your computer? For example, Windows XP Home SP3

0 Likes
katzipp

Current Verizon customer, plan includes phone and internet.  My router shows I have DSL and wireless but no internet connection.  I have spoken to a Customer Service Representative with no satisfaction.  I think I need a new router.  I also need a new outlet for this router to plug into.  The current outlet is over 40 yrs old.  Can Verizon send me another router and bill to the address.  Please send a service rep to replace the outlet.  We pay for this service on our monthly bill.  Thank you.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@katzipp wrote:

Current Verizon customer, plan includes phone and internet.  My router shows I have DSL and wireless but no internet connection.  I have spoken to a Customer Service Representative with no satisfaction.  I think I need a new router.  I also need a new outlet for this router to plug into.  The current outlet is over 40 yrs old.  Can Verizon send me another router and bill to the address.  Please send a service rep to replace the outlet.  We pay for this service on our monthly bill.  Thank you.

If you can make a new topic in this forum, we'll see what the deal is with your connection. A 40 year old jack will work just fine for as long as it is in good shape.

0 Likes
Susanb1948

I am very unsatisfied with the 'help' I have had so far. I've spoken to three people on the help line, none of whom spoke English.  I thought for a moment I might have been speaking to "Peggy".  In any case, they were no help at all. I have been without internet access for 2 weeks, and no one seems to care.  I need a technician to come to my house.  I was told Verizon was sending a replacement modem; so far, nothing. No after care follow-up, nothing.

If I have to, I may look into Comcast.

Susan K. Burke

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Susanb1948 wrote:

I am very unsatisfied with the 'help' I have had so far. I've spoken to three people on the help line, none of whom spoke English.  I thought for a moment I might have been speaking to "Peggy".  In any case, they were no help at all. I have been without internet access for 2 weeks, and no one seems to care.  I need a technician to come to my house.  I was told Verizon was sending a replacement modem; so far, nothing. No after care follow-up, nothing.

If I have to, I may look into Comcast.

Susan K. Burke

0 Likes
BostonPatti

I do not know if I am approaching this process correctly but I see that I am not the only Verizon customer who continually has problems with our Internet connection.     I have HAD IT!    I know I should call Customer Service but I am so sick of going through the same process to get my Internet service back and then there is no guarantee of how long I will have it for!   I am ALWAYS without service.    If we want reliable service we now log into a neighbors line or go to the library.    That is totally inappropriate!    I had one service agent at the house about 1 year ago and it is the best service I ever got (MaryBeth A).    I actually kept a connection for about 6 months - was HEAVENLY!   All of a sudden I lost my connection and now have to unplug and replug at least 20 times a day.    Why then haven't I pursued other???? I live in the country and this is my only option other than Direct TV which is more costly.     PLEASE send a knowledgeable rep to my house who will stay with the problem until it is resolved.   Would LOVE MaryBeth back if she is still with the company.    If not resolved soon I think I will just cancel----I never really have it anyway!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes