Wireless doesn't work near big-screen TV?
murphalina

I've been having trouble with my wireless (DSL) ever since I got a new laptop (HP EliteBook 6930p).  I lose the connection - -no error message, everything seems to be working, but websites stop loading until I "repair" the connectionIt's very frustratingI conducted an experiement today, and it seems that if I or my router are located in the family room near the big-screen TV, this is a problemIf neither I nor my router are near the big-screen, things seem to work.

I know from the Verizon website that having the router near the  big-screen can be a problem, but I was surprised that there was an issue when my laptop was near the big-screen and the router was in a different room.

My question is, does anyone know anything about this?

0 Likes
Re: Wireless doesn't work near big-screen TV?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Sorry for the delay.

Quick quote from

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Troubleshooting/Connection+Issues/QuestionsOne/88005.htm

Large metal objects and electrical equipment such as televisions, home entertainment electronics, and microwaves can also cause interference. Try to keep your modem and wireless home networking router away from these sources of electronic interference.

0 Likes