Wireless up, Wireless down

We have consistely poor luck with our wireless connection staying up for more than 4 or 5 days in a row.  We have an Actiontec GT704 that is about 6-7 years old.  We go through the turn it off, turn it back on once or more each time the wireless signal dies & eventually it brings the signal back up.  I've had chat support look at it & they claim to see no issues with what they can diagnose.  They also say the router is fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where I go from here?  Do I have verizon come out for a repair call, although as I've just learned there is an apparent charge for this?!?!?!?!  New router?

Just not sure on this one & getting more and more frustrated each time it dies.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Wireless up, Wireless down
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Why-your-Wi-Fi-is-slow/td-p/534451

will help you

AND OR

your router's wireless is die-ing and need to be replaced.

Re: Wireless up, Wireless down

Thanks for the great link.  I've reviewed it & I'm leaning towards getting a new router.  With the multiple issues I am having & the frustration it brings, I think it is time.

In my research I've seen the Asus RT-N66U and Linksys EA4500 come out with some pretty great reviews.  Does anyone have any suggestions or confirmations on these or other routers?  Thanks

0 Likes