Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Wirerless router

Philsy
Contributor
Contributor

Wirerless router

Message 1 of 4
(613 Views)

Afternoon,

I want to have wireless internet access. My Verizon DSL box is a MODEL 6100G. Do I need Verizon to send me a new router to have wireless access or can it be done with what I have?

3 REPLIES 3
skyliner34
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Wirerless router

Message 2 of 4
(604 Views)

@Philsy wrote:

Afternoon,

I want to have wireless internet access. My Verizon DSL box is a MODEL 6100G. Do I need Verizon to send me a new router to have wireless access or can it be done with what I have?

Hi Philsy,

You have to buy your own router. When you get your own router just hook up your yellow wire from the internet box that goes to your desktop to the router ethernet port and the other ethernet wire included in the router box should go from the router to your desktop and setup :). Sounds easy huh because it is :). 

JOSEm441
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 3 of 4
(592 Views)

I must have lucked out, I called Verizon and was sent a brand new Westell 7500 Router with no charge to replace my 6100F. I did report some issues with the 6100F & that may be a factor. You will also have the ability to hook mulitple wired connections.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
dslr595148
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 4 of 4
(568 Views)

@skyliner34 wrote:

@Philsy wrote:

Afternoon,

Hi Philsy,

You have to buy your own router. When you get your own router just hook up your yellow wire from the internet box that goes to your desktop to the router ethernet port and the other ethernet wire included in the router box should go from the router to your desktop and setup :). Sounds easy huh because it is :). 

Also may want to follow the info that is at

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title