Worse customer experience by far.
jeffjennings84

Usually I am one of the first to recommend Verizon as any service. Having verizon at my business and home I admit after today I might change. I had the same modem for about 10 years and it worked great. Unfortunately if broke about 2 weeks ago and I needed to get another one. That almost took a miracle since customer service wanted to reset it and saying there was nothing wrong. My response, "really because its not working." So then I was informed I would be charged fro someone to come out and check it. Low and behold the modem was broken. The technician that came out was really nice and set everything up. Even called back a few days later to make sure there were no problems. I should have got his cell number or something because a few days after that I started having problems again. After going through another customer service call and reseting the modem, checking the modem settings they lady I was speaking with decided to send me back to the main menu after about 45 minutes. So what can i do but wait to talk to someone else. By this time I decide to leave and get something to eat and stop at starbucks to send some emails because you know I can not really just tell people sorry I do not have internet at home so I am unable to work. Finally when I get reconnected the next guy wants me to go through the whole thing again. I apologize and tell him I just did all this and I will not be doing it again. I am not trying to be rude but this is very aggravating. So now I am waiting for his manager to call me back. Whole time on phone was about an hour. And here I wait. Typing this waiting the five minutes it was supposed to take to call me back. Found this site, registered and now submitting this.

Very disappointed customer, maybe soon to be ex-customer.

0 Likes
Re: Worse customer experience by far.
H3LP
Enthusiast - Level 2
if the problem comes and goes(intermittent)the web cuts out at random intervals... call tech and have a tech check the loop lenght...if the service is hsi verizon might be sending you more speed than the line can handle...
0 Likes
Re: Worse customer experience by far.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or if you want help from your peers

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes