Year contract for Standard service; Two year contract for free modem confusing?
barber
I plan to order internet service to my new residence & I have few questions. Since there is only little advantage in speed between Standard and Power option at my location I have to order Standard service ($19.99 for 1 year). There are some questions with “on line order free modem" option. Standard service requires one year commitment, Free modem requires two year commitment.

- What is a cost of Standard service after this one year commitment?
- Can I sign for two year commitment & how much it costs?
- If I stop the service after one year commitment what is the penalty for the modem?
- Can I return modem after one year commitment and not pay modem penalty?

I would appreciate any help

0 Likes
Re: Year contract for Standard service; Two year contract for free modem confusing?
Mrdy

I doubt they would take back the modem, but might charge you for early termination.

Here's my experience:

4 years ago, i had 3mb dsl service w/ a 327w modem and 5 phone filters (paid for shipping) .  i decided to port my phone to verizon's voice wing.  i had received a linksys pap2 voip adapter (paid for shipping). i was then told that if i port my number it would drop my dsl service.  that didn't go through, and i tried to send the equipment back but never able to coz i didn't get any address where to send it to.

i then ported my phone to vonage who just pulled the plug...i had no dsl and no phone for about 1 month, until i located an 800 number to reactivate my dsl service to a dry loop.  i was again sent 5 phone filters (paid for shipping)

I was fine for 15 months, until all of a sudden my speed went down to 2mbit dsl and being told that my line doesn't suipport 3mb.  ??? after 15 months of 3mb dsl service,  my line stopped supporting 3mb.  so i switched triple play to cable a year ago, until my promo expired.  now i'm back to dsl w/ 2mb service and i was sent a new modem 7500 (paid another shipping even i told them that i have my old 327w.  now i have a spare dsl modem in my pile of equipment.

0 Likes
Re: Year contract for Standard service; Two year contract for free modem confusing?
RalphPa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you really need to sign up for 2 years?  I think the most they require is 1-year for the free modem.  Check out this page for details:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/HighSpeedInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

0 Likes