absolute worst service ever! worse than dial up!
dink

my internet has been acting up for a few months! the last few weeks has been soooo bad that i cant even check email! whenever i call for support all they do is the **bleep** test and tell me that it is fine....well i am here to tell you it is not fine! i have to reload a dozen times or so to do anything if i can stay connected at all! what does it take to actually get a real person to come out and see that this crap doesnt work? they want my money every month so i think they should take some of it to send someone out to fix this! at this point it would be better to go to dial-up with someone else! cant be any worse than what i have now!

0 Likes
Re: absolute worst service ever! worse than dial up!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

0 Likes
dink

our router/modem came from verizon it is an Actiontec ...model # is GT704-WGB

we have windows 7 on one pc and windows vista on the other

we do not have any firewall running

0 Likes
nospeedinternet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has stopped adding new DSL customers in my area for the last 3 months I am told. There systems are overloaded and can't keep up and they don't  plan to fix it. They do plan on dumping the problem on Frontier Communications July 1.

It's all about making their bottom line look as good as they can and after July 1 Frontier Communications will be wondering what happened.

When you call support ask them to do a switch traffic. You will stream a video or download something and they will run test  from their end . It will not do any good but you will have something new to do with support.

I think I am close to 20 calls to support and a fix looks to be way after Frontier Communications takes over.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In your modem combo go to System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats.

#2 Post the info that is there.

0 Likes