anyone in philly experiencing drop out?
uande
I've been having frequent drop outs for the past week. After finally getting in contact with customer service they tell me there is a mass outage in my area and it should be up by 10pm. Its still out. After reading some posts i started to get worried. Should i be thinking of switching my service or is anyone having the same problem or have an idea whats REALLY going on? I dont feel like i can trust customer service since they couldnt give me any info on a problem i've been having for about a week other than "wait and see.". I just dont want to be throwing money down the drain. Any info would greatly be appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: anyone in philly experiencing drop out?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from you modem?

If you don't know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from your modem:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WSN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of your RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 Even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from you modem, if you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to your modem

What is the brand and model of your RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes