arg! no DSL coverage (Current Verizon Past DSL customer) 1 minute north of Victorville CA
dvrocc

Well I sure miss DSL with our package which isn't availible in the area even thoug its a fairly good size residential less then 1 minute north of major population, why don't we have DSL coverage? I do not know I see Veriszon trucks swam this city like ants but yet they NEVER come to our little neck of the woods just a minute north from the rest of the city.

Currently the only two choices of internet we have is either dial-up or high speed internet provided by direcTV (via Qwest) tthat is rated at 1.5mb a second which hardly breaks 700k and has a average latency of 600-1500 (confirmed by DirecTV tech and very sad they did)  daily for $40 so...............

Verizon, where are you! this is an easy kill for DSL coverage, they way the current internet is here you wont have any problems getting people and there is 400 units in this aprtment complex alone and its already covered by Verison phone service.

I forgot to mention that Victorville and surrounding cities are going to build a high speed raid from here to Las Vegas right on the road that we currently live so this means this place is going to blow up with housing of some sorts someting to think about.

thanks.

Missing DSL in Victorville Ca just off Stoddardwells road!

proof from weeks ago...

speed.....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/775179192.png 

ping......

http://www.pingtest.net/result/14303608.png

0 Likes
Re: arg! no DSL coverage (Current Verizon Past DSL customer) 1 minute north of Victorville CA
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well a couple of things.

1st, it it even Verizon territory? If it is a Verizon area, then you are likely too far from the central office for DSL. And Verizon is no longer expanding DSL.

2nd, if the area goes into new building and is a Verizon area, they will likely expand Fios into that area, when and if new construction starts.

If not a Verizon area, then its a moot point as they cant move into areas belonging to another company.

Re: arg! no DSL coverage (Current Verizon Past DSL customer) 1 minute north of Victorville CA
dvrocc

Howdy.

1. Share the territory as in phone service? we have Verizon phone service the $54 a month package as for FIOS thast still being layed out in this city, there was just a Verizon van at the end of the block couple days ago doing there regular service on the area phone box.

2. This area is old 30+ years but this building is fairly younger around 12 years old very nice set of gated apartments 400 units or so this area has about 50 houses and there is fire hydrants along the roads so I imagne this will be expanding at some point. Its about a minute drive to population, we are not in the boondocks either, city buses come this way so that has to tell you something.

No other services in this area that I am aware of other than Verizon and DirecTV those are the only providers I see in the area.

This is no small city about 100,000 its the hub of the majove desert on I-15 its the city one drives through heading to Las Vegas and just three exits from us down the freeway on "Mojave Drive"  is Verizon FIOS and there 50+ trucks on the east side of the freeway and Verizon Phone (land-line) on the west side of the freeway located in the old Contell Phone company building. So where more then in the area 3 minute or less so that is why I ask how come Verizon doesn't provide DSL there phone service is already here.

Like I mentioned the only avabible ISP in the area is dial-up or high speed cable from direcTV that gets there internet from Qwest, its rated at 1.5mb but we are lucky to hit 768k sometimes hitting lows around 61k (diap up speed on cable anyone!) and ping times are 600+ latency is in the thousands when it comes to gaming all for like $39 a month (major ripoff my parents say), thats why I say its an easy kill for Verizon.

0 Likes