Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

bandwidth/dsl speeds too high/low?

Xanek
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

bandwidth/dsl speeds too high/low?

Message 1 of 2
(3,258 Views)

Recently my dsl speed has slowed down, again, and I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on.

Before, downloads on files would go around 100kb/s ,though i'm on a 1mbps plan, which should be faster, as before I use to get 188kb/s on average on a download, then it started to slowly die down, then we were told that we needed a new modem due to the old one being too old. So they sent a Westell 6100 and it worked sorta fine for a while, though now everytime we watch a video or download files the bandwidth on our internet is taken up drastically.

At times, when we watch videos, our latency shoots from 63ms to 400ms+

and sometimes a download would make our latency shoot from 63 to 700ms+

Would there be somethign wrong with our side that would make us take up all the bandwidth just for 1 video/file?

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: bandwidth/dsl speeds too high/low?

Message 2 of 2
(3,209 Views)

#1 Which Westell Firmware is it (the white and blue or the red and black) ?

#2 Are you using the Uniden router?

#3 If so to question number two, what is the model of that router?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title