can't understand upgrade/recommendations page
mswartzbeck

I currently have a DSL account with a different provider; the signal is carried through my separate Verizon landline to my studio.

I am considering switching to Verizon DSL, but after logging in, and going to that page that pops up where it shows you what you have and beneath it shows recommendations for bundles etc., I can't seem to understand what it's trying to tell me. It's throwing a bunch of different options in my face, but there's nothing that tells me how much it would cost to simply get a DSL account to run over my already-existing landline. It looks as if that page is designed to confuse me and cause me to accidentally buy something I don't want or need.

Basically, I just want the 'enhanced' DSL, the $23ish per month package, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can just order a DSL account -- no TV, no bundle, nothing else. How do I do that? There doesn't seem to be anywhere on the Web site that shows me plainly and clearly what I can get and how much it costs and gives me a way to order it.

Any help or advice, thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't understand upgrade/recommendations page
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For something like this you'll probably have to call Verizon and order the DSL. The website might be trying to get you to bundle up DSL with the existing landline. If you have DSL through a reseller you'll need to go through a transitional process to hand off from the reseller to Verizon.

Typically, the Enhanced DSL package runs $30 to $35/m depending on your area. $25 sounds like promotional pricing that goes away based on the fine terms.

0 Likes
Re: can't understand upgrade/recommendations page
Ladarom

You have to go down to the part where you customize your offer and unselect what you don't want.

Since there is no plan with only the internet (even if you don't want the phone, you still have to take it if you want the internet), you still have to select a phone plan with your HSI. In your case, you should probably contact a Verizon agent directly to avoid problems with the existing line.

0 Likes