composing email- PROBLEMS
sherze

When I compose an email it does not align the sentences or paragraphs properly. And the alignment tool doesn't help. The words go pretty much all over the page (when a new paragraph is attempted) making it difficult to read, as you can well imagine.  Have this problem on a desktop using XP and am now having the same problem on a new-ish laptop using Vista. These are 2 different computer manufacturers. Can't find an answer in the email help. Tried once before to correct it on the desktop & got some elusive response from tech support that, in short, told me there was something wrong with Windows & I needed to contact Microsoft. That didn't work. As a result, have been sending emails for 2 years with no paragraph breaks & trying to explain to the recepient that there is something wrong somewhere. That was okay but I'm not doing it with a second computer. Am hoping someone here can solve my problem because I'm not contacting tech support again. Obviously, the problem is not with the operating system- too coincindental to have the issue with 2 different systems. Don't know whether it makes a difference, but am using Verizon DSL with a wireless modem that I got from Verizon 6 months ago.  Update:while I was composing this post, same thing started here. But with a new wrinkle-  after trying to start a new paragraph using either the space key or tab key, the next word typed starts on the next line. It stayed there until I got to this point in the message. That last word "message" was on the next line when this was typed but when the space key was hit & more words were typed, the last word moved to the proper location. The very last word of this post may be on the next line.                                                                                                    CAN ANYONE HELP ME???? All suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!!! The way this post looks is an example. This was typed as one continuous paragraph.                                                                                                     

0 Likes
Re: composing email- PROBLEMS
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Firefox 3.5.6 with NoSquint, and it seems to be working fine here on my computer.

Here is a sample screenshot (using, I guess the first three paragraps, of what you wrote).

http://i45.tinypic.com/sepxf4.jpg

^^

#1 What is the name of the web browser on your computer?

#2 What is the version of the web browser on your computer?

#3 What is (or are) the add-on(s) that are installed on your computer for that web browser?

0 Likes
sherze

Thanks for responding, DSIR! The screenshot is exactly what it looks like. Recently upgraded to IE 8 from 7 on both computers, but the problem was in place before the update. In fact, it's been this way on the XP desktop since moving to Verizon/Yahoo DSL 2 years ago (the Vista laptop was added in March.) No previous problems with my old IP, which also used IE.  As far as add-ons, the only thing the 2 computers have in common are the add-ons associated/standard with Verizon/Yahoo DSL. But your reply got me looking into the email program itself. Am using Outlook Express on the XP computer & Windows Mail on the Vista. Same problem both places. Then thought of the email editor. But since Windows Mail doesn't exactly use one, figure that's not the issue. Can't think of what else to check since the only thing the 2 computers have in common is Verizon/Yahoo. Am not technically savvy by any definition so I'm stumbling around here trying to figure it out!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried using the web version of Verizon/Yahoo mail? If the web version is working, then it's something on your pc/client.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with .

Another sample screenshot, but this time in Outlook Express.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wd8xf6.jpg

The Last screen shot was the Verizon web based e-mail.

0 Likes