drpping connections
mshinko

i'm a new verizon customer and i wish i never switched over...experiencing slow dsl and dropping connections constantly...have had verizon (over the phone) check my line and they keep saying problem resolved. well its not. have to keep rebooting modem constantly, even switched out for another modem still same problem. can anyone offer any help ? this is the worst company support ever, even worse than dell.

0 Likes
Re: drpping connections
mshinko

one other thing i find interesting...i have a phone with built in caller id... every couple of minutes the phone lights up as if a call was coming thru but all it says is no data! to me i would deduce there is some kind of interference coming on the line to make it pulse like that....anyone got any ideas?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of the telephone that you use?

#3 Only the modem does not need a filter (every phone, answering machine, every fax machine needs to have a filter...), unless the directions say so otherwise.

0 Likes
mshinko

the modem is a westell 7500, several different phones but that one is a GE....the tech ran a dedicated line to the modem so i dont need filters on the line as per his instruction....its the same line i had frontier dsl on in my home....i will be calling a tech friend monday to see what he can do...this service is ridiculas...connection drops constantly...thats why i think something is amill in the signal itself

0 Likes
kennybfine

I think I'm callign Verizon this evening for a tech as well. I'm having the same problem you are. I had to reset my modem about 4 or 5 times yesterday evening. Hopefully they can fix it, I'd hate to have to go the Comcast route for a decent signal

0 Likes