dsl disconnects when answer/make calls and hang up from calls
decrepid

Let me start off by saying I have read every forum out there and then some, and they all say the same things, everthing they say I've done twice and then some

I will try to cover everthing that has been done to make it easyer without people having to ask have you tryed this and that

My 1st dsl account (3mbps) worked perfect for 4 yrs account was shutoff for nonpayment (their messup), they opened a new account ( 3Mbps) and gave me a westell 327w moden.from day one the problem started.

Problem: answer/make call and hangup from a call my dsl disconnects. With a wife that runs a bussiness and a teenager I spend more time watching the dsl light blinking then I spend online

1.) Called tech support, tested modem and phones on all jacks and fillters with every combo you can try corded and wireless phones 4 jacks, livingroom, kichen, bedroom & basement all tests same results dsl out when phone used and yes tryed pluging into the NID to, for the same results

2.) verizon sent tech after tech out to house no problem at the house everthing tests out at 100%, line tests from Co to house show line is clean and up to 16mbps if they offered it. Distance from co to house is less than 1 mile.

3.) After 4 months of having techs (15-20) out to the house verizon decides to install a new NID with the homerun package (homerun is lines split at the nid, house is filltered and a new unfilltered line and jack to the modem), guess what PROBLEM NOT FIXXED!!

At this point verizon put me in contact with their techs that dont talk to anyone outside of verizon. 45 minutes on the phone with them and they say theres 1 fillter in the co they never changed and that should fix the problem, he tells me that it will be 2 day and then everthing should be allset and would give me a callback then, 2 day later all is working great use the phone all you want and no dc's, but dl's seems slower than it should be. after 3 months of slower speeds than I should be gettin I do some speedtest and findout the the tech never fixxed the problem he downgraded me to 1mbps, I call verizon and blow a gasket they where charging me $29.99 and giving me a $19.99 package they credited me the diffrence and upgraded me back to 3mbps, and as soon as the 3mbps went on the line, I'm back to the dsl dc'ing whenever you answer/make a call and hangup from calls.

the next step was to try the 7mbps package, problem still there, next they sent me a new moden westell 7500 problem still there 😞

1st 3mbps dsl package no problems for 4yrs.

2nd 3mbps package dc problem from day 1

Downgrade to 1mbps no problems at all, for 3 months

upgrade to 3mbps and then 7mbps and back to dc'ing everytime you use the phone

0 Likes
Re: dsl disconnects when answer/make calls and hang up from calls
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#! Make sure that everthing but the DSL modem has a filter in front of it.

#2 If you are sure of that, perhaps one or more of the filters are bad?

0 Likes