dsl super slow mid-morning to late afternoon
bquinlan1

Several months ago, I began experiencing mid-day dsl slowdowns.  Speeds so slow, that rarely will any speed test even work (verizon or otherwise).  When I can test, 0.02Mbps down and 0.54Mbps up is a typical result.  Oddly, certain websites seem to be able to trickle through slightly faster than the rest of the web which is basically inaccessable (notably, the google universe and amazon are somewhat functional in a very degraded state).  The slow downs typically starts around 10 to 11 AM and ends around 4:30 to 7 pm at which point I'll be back to full speed (2.9Mbps down and 0.69ish up).  

After many frustrating weeks, I finally called verizon and got stood up by the repairman 3 times (should I need an appointment if you're not going to visit the house?)  Anywho, I finally spent an hour on the line with customer service wherein they told me my modem was too old and I needed a new one and that would fix me up.  They were nice enough to send me one for free, and when I recieved it, I thought it had fixed my issue.  Three weeks of internet bliss, and yesterday the mid-day slow downs started again and did a repeat today.  Of course I turned my new modem off and on and left it off for a while and tried every other thing, but no joy until 7PM rolled around and here I am back at full speed.  I'm basically without internet for the majority of my waking hours and I just don't know what else to do.  

0 Likes
Re: dsl super slow mid-morning to late afternoon
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi bquinlan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes