email alerts
qa4444
Enthusiast - Level 1
hi hope someone can help i remember there being an option to receive email alerts on my verizon wireless phone if i had a verizon webmail account i cant find anything about it now i am not talking about the mail app on the cell phone or cell phone web browser the sign up was on the verizon webmail page it said to enter my vz wirless number and it would text message me whenever i received a new email but now i cant find it anymore i have searched everywhere and cant find anything any help is greatly appreciated thank you
0 Likes
Re: email alerts
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

wrote:

TEXT MESSAGING TIP OF THE DAY

You can forward your email to yourphone#@vtext.com  and receive a text message with the subject, and possibly the first sentence or two of the email (before the 160 character limit kicks in).  Set up an automtic forward within your email program - it varies by provider, but can be set up pretty easily for most email accounts.

For those of you that have Mobile email or a data plan and do your email on the phone, this is superfluous.  For me, and anyone else who has texting but no data plan, and no email plan, it's a nice compromise.  I have my own business, and I have my business email forwarded to my phone via text.  When I am not at my computer (rare, but it does happen!), there are times I can glean enough info from the text to make a quick phone call and take care of things; at the least I get a text with a hint of what my email will contain when I get home to check it.  I like it.

Maybe this is what you're looking to do? Quoted from 's Text Messaging 101 thread. I'd be careful with the forwarding though, because if you set up forwarding through verizon.net, it does not keep a copy of the message on the verizon.net site. There may be a way to set it up with the filters though...

*** EDIT ***

After some trial and error, this is the way that I've found to make this work with a verizon.net address successfully. You have to set up 2 filters.

Filter 1:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically move to folder: Inbox

This seems redundant, but this is how you get it to keep a copy of the message in your verizon.net inbox. Replace "yourusername" with your actual verizon.net username.

Filter 2:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically send notification to ##########@vtext.com

This sends the message to your vtext account. Replace "##########" with your VZW number.

BOTH of these filters have to be set up for you to get a copy both places.

Hope this helps!

qa4444
Enthusiast - Level 1
thanks for the help but that's not it i am already aware of that trick this was actually through the verizon website it just gave you a notice that you have email not the actual email
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

There's no way to send just a notification that I'm aware of on the verizon.net website. Was it maybe something you could set up on the wireless site?

0 Likes
qa4444
Enthusiast - Level 1
no it was on the verizon webmail page after you was logged in but now i cnat find it or any references to it anywhere i saw there just a couple of weeks ago
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@qa4444 wrote:
no it was on the verizon webmail page after you was logged in but now i cnat find it or any references to it anywhere i saw there just a couple of weeks ago

Like I said before, the service you seem to be describing is not and has not been offered by the verizon.net site at any point that I'm aware of. A search of the support sites and Google doesn't seem to bring up anything either.

I certainly hope you find what you are looking for though, and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case someone does find it. I'm always happy to learn about new, useful features.

Best of luck!

0 Likes