email traffic between verizon.net and yahoo.com
discouraged

Yahoo.com is my preferred email service.  However, in the last couple of weeks my emails to verizon.net is bouncing back my emails from yahoo.com to verizon.net.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem.  Maybe you're not receiving emails from your yahoo.com buddies?

0 Likes
Re: email traffic between verizon.net and yahoo.com
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What reason is listed in the bounceback message? The steps needed to resolve depend on what the actual problem is. 🙂

0 Likes
discouraged

Below is the message which bounced back several messages to an email buddy.  In another instance, the buddy never received messages nor were they bounced back.

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
        "xxxx"

Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long"

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like maybe Yahoo's servers and Verizon's are having some trouble communicating. Since you already have some failures, I would suggest contacting Verizon's technical support with a bounceback message readily available. Options available on the Contact Us page.

Out of curiousity I tested this issue myself, sending 5 test messages from my yahoo.com account to my verizon.net account. 4/5 came in immediately, the third one seem took a few more minutes, but it came in. Doesn't mean that there isn't an issue, just that it's obviously not ALL of the servers with a problem.

In all fairness, it is still possible that the communication issue is on Yahoo's end, not Verizon's, so maybe you should contact Yahoo support as well. (Not sure how to go about doing that though.)

0 Likes