Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

gateway dsl service plan i never ordered.

SOLVED
amiemarie7
Contributor
Contributor

gateway dsl service plan i never ordered.

Message 1 of 3
(2,068 Views)

we moved into a brand new house exactly 4 years ago in 10-07.  at that time, we had phone service only from verizon.  in about 3-09, we added triple play with internet and direct tv.  i am almost positive i ordered it right online.  i had a service man come to my house.  i would check my bill periodically to see which of the rebates were ending soon and such, but i never thought anything on the "gateway dsl service plan".  i just assumed it was a fee similar to the other mandatory taxes and fees, i am not too familiar with the different fees. 

fast forward to today, after speakig to 2 friends and comparing bills, i realize this fee was actually optional.  i NEVER wanted that extended plan, and am quite upset that all this time i was paying 2.49 a month for the possible replacement of a modem in which only costs 34.99 or less.  i never sign up for any such extended warranties, not my house, car, electronics, appiances, ect, but certainly not a cheap modem. 

i have called and the person couldnt really see my account to see how long its been there, but it has definately been there for a year.  i want credit for this time that i have been unknowingly paying for something i didnt order.  i am wondering if it was a hidden fee that i was supposed to uncheck a box or something.  has this happened to anyone else.  what can i do, i am very angry.  he said someone will call me tomorrow as they cant see my account at all right now.  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tyzhang
Contributor
Contributor

Re: gateway dsl service plan i never ordered.

Message 2 of 3
(1,049 Views)

I have met the same problem from Verizon. About 5 months after I opened a Verizon account for Internet Service, I saw Verizon started adding "DSL Gateway Service Plan" to my account, and charged for this service about 3 months after I opened the account. Since I have opened the Verizon account, I have not made any request for any additional service. I do not remember I have received any promotion program call from Verizon for this extra service.

It is not a big money on the bill, and people could miss such changes on their billing. I would say such kind of business model from Verizon is really annoying. At least for me, if possible, I will try to avoid Verizon in the future.

BTW, the customer service call number is extremely hard to call in. For example, I have waited for over 30 minutes and nobody responds.

Best Regards,

TY

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tyzhang
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 3
(1,050 Views)

I have met the same problem from Verizon. About 5 months after I opened a Verizon account for Internet Service, I saw Verizon started adding "DSL Gateway Service Plan" to my account, and charged for this service about 3 months after I opened the account. Since I have opened the Verizon account, I have not made any request for any additional service. I do not remember I have received any promotion program call from Verizon for this extra service.

It is not a big money on the bill, and people could miss such changes on their billing. I would say such kind of business model from Verizon is really annoying. At least for me, if possible, I will try to avoid Verizon in the future.

BTW, the customer service call number is extremely hard to call in. For example, I have waited for over 30 minutes and nobody responds.

Best Regards,

TY

View solution in original post

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 3 of 3
(1,023 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.