gateway dsl service plan i never ordered.
amiemarie7

we moved into a brand new house exactly 4 years ago in 10-07.  at that time, we had phone service only from verizon.  in about 3-09, we added triple play with internet and direct tv.  i am almost positive i ordered it right online.  i had a service man come to my house.  i would check my bill periodically to see which of the rebates were ending soon and such, but i never thought anything on the "gateway dsl service plan".  i just assumed it was a fee similar to the other mandatory taxes and fees, i am not too familiar with the different fees. 

fast forward to today, after speakig to 2 friends and comparing bills, i realize this fee was actually optional.  i NEVER wanted that extended plan, and am quite upset that all this time i was paying 2.49 a month for the possible replacement of a modem in which only costs 34.99 or less.  i never sign up for any such extended warranties, not my house, car, electronics, appiances, ect, but certainly not a cheap modem. 

i have called and the person couldnt really see my account to see how long its been there, but it has definately been there for a year.  i want credit for this time that i have been unknowingly paying for something i didnt order.  i am wondering if it was a hidden fee that i was supposed to uncheck a box or something.  has this happened to anyone else.  what can i do, i am very angry.  he said someone will call me tomorrow as they cant see my account at all right now.  thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: gateway dsl service plan i never ordered.
tyzhang
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have met the same problem from Verizon. About 5 months after I opened a Verizon account for Internet Service, I saw Verizon started adding "DSL Gateway Service Plan" to my account, and charged for this service about 3 months after I opened the account. Since I have opened the Verizon account, I have not made any request for any additional service. I do not remember I have received any promotion program call from Verizon for this extra service.

It is not a big money on the bill, and people could miss such changes on their billing. I would say such kind of business model from Verizon is really annoying. At least for me, if possible, I will try to avoid Verizon in the future.

BTW, the customer service call number is extremely hard to call in. For example, I have waited for over 30 minutes and nobody responds.

Best Regards,

TY

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tyzhang
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have met the same problem from Verizon. About 5 months after I opened a Verizon account for Internet Service, I saw Verizon started adding "DSL Gateway Service Plan" to my account, and charged for this service about 3 months after I opened the account. Since I have opened the Verizon account, I have not made any request for any additional service. I do not remember I have received any promotion program call from Verizon for this extra service.

It is not a big money on the bill, and people could miss such changes on their billing. I would say such kind of business model from Verizon is really annoying. At least for me, if possible, I will try to avoid Verizon in the future.

BTW, the customer service call number is extremely hard to call in. For example, I have waited for over 30 minutes and nobody responds.

Best Regards,

TY

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes