high speed internet iterruptions with incoming calls
iriemaiden

I work from home via Citrix server, and every time the home phone rings, the connection drops. Sometimes it will reconnect within a minute or so, but sometimes it will kick me off completely and it's a major pain in the butt. I've been sent a new router, new filters, and even had service techs come to my home on two different occasions. The first time the problem seemed to be fixed for a while, but the second time around, the tech was so nice, but the problem still persists. This service sucks 😕 When my husband comes home, he can't even stream Youtube while I'm working without my connection lagging. Fios is not available in our area. Anyone else have this problem, or better yet.. a solution? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: high speed internet iterruptions with incoming calls
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you exhibit these drops on Wi-FI only, or also while wired in to the router?

Re: high speed internet iterruptions with incoming calls
mspaff

I too had the same issues. a month & 1 week later (this is sugnificant) I called again and they seemed to resoulved it. worse at night, during weather & humid conditions (Florida). It also caused data plan ovrerages due to my son not connecting with his phone to wifi at home. My neighbors had the same issues. we live on a dead end dirt road with 10 houses so we to are stuck with DSL.

The 1st time, 1/29/15 the service tech came into the home and replaced what was thought to be a old & faulty modem. Worked better, but over time it reverted back; reboot modem, ask people to not use the phone etc. When I called on march 5th, I was told that they elevated it to the "Network Team" who increased or "Boosted or Optimized" the line. As of MArch 11, this has seemed to have cured my problems. I will check with my neighbors soon.

Problem that gets me is the $91.00 service charge for replaceing a Verizon issued motem that didn't cure the problem. What I didn't do was call back & complain within 30 days (so I was told by the phone jockies at billing). Was also told the even though I am bundled, "wireless is seperate so we can't help with that". - $30.00 from my wallet for that too.

Service tech NEVER told me about a charge, especially for one that didn't fix the problem. If you pay a garage to diagnose your cooling system in the car, don't you expect the parts they replace to fix the problem? 

New phone plan and look into Dish Networks internet offers are in my furture.

0 Likes