high speed internet only lasted 2 weeks
blazy4lyfe1

upgraded from 1Mbps to 5Mbps connection (because there is no 7.1/fios for my area) about 2 weeks ago i've been getting 600kbps on downloads at megaupload.com and steam but don't know why 2 days ago my connection dropped and got capped at 1.5Mbps. tried restarting modem/router and asking online support they did some **bleep** stuff like clear cookies on my internet explorer i was like **bleep**? o.O lol and doesn't help at all. i tried looking at other post it seems some people can get their speed during the day and speed drops during night time but for me mines just stays at 1.5mbps for the past 2 days.

just incase a tech here ask for transceiver when im afk:

Transceiver Revision               3.3.6.10.0.1

Vendor ID Code                       4D54

Line Mode                                ADSL_G.dmt

Data Path                                           FAST

Transceiver Information        Down Stream Path           Up Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)              1568                                 608

Margin (dB)                                       7.1                                                10.0

Line Attenuation (dB)                  41.5                                              31.5

Transmit Power (dBm)               18.3                                              11.9

0 Likes
Re: high speed internet only lasted 2 weeks
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Margin (dB) - Signal to noise margin. 6 is pretty bad possibly unusable at times, 20 is very good. You normally want 12dB or better IIRC from back in my DSL days. The higher the number, the better to a point.

Line Attenuation - Measure the amount the signal has degraded. Below 20dB is excellent, above 50 is poor, fill in the dots for anything in between.

-

Hmm...

#1 Did you try connecting your modem directly to the NID?

Points to: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

#2 If not, please do and retest those margins and Line Attenuation.

0 Likes
blazy4lyfe1

i read further down to page 30+ on forum and saw that if i remove all the phones from phone jacks and restart modem it might work well it did work abit for me my connection is now :

Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information                  Down Stream                   Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)
                   2720                                             640
Margin (dB)
                                            5.3                                                 9.0
Line Attenuation (dB)
                       42.0                                              31.5
Transmit Power (dBm)
                   18.9                                              11.9

0 Likes
blazy4lyfe1

now i connected my modem at the phone jack verizons technician made when we first ordered dsl and now the connection is:

Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1

Vendor ID Code 4D54

Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt

Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information                             Down Stream Path                  Up Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)                               3072                                                640

Margin (dB)                                                        5.3                                                    10.0

Line Attenuation (dB)                                   41.8                                                  31.5

Transmit Power (dBm)                               19.0                                                   11.9

if this is the best i can get at my house then i guess i'll call verizon and downgrade it to 3mbps connect but then it's really weird how i got the full 5Mbps for 2 weeks straight with no 1.5mbps cap at morning afternoon evening or night right after the upgrade is done

0 Likes