hope some one can help me
magnum1973
We had a storm here and I unplugged all of my computers and modem.  After the storm passed I plugged everything back in.  The main computer connected to the internet without any problems.  When I tried to use my computer I could not get on the internet.  I turned the modem off about 100 times, restarted my computer numerous times and still unable.  When I typed in 192.168.1.1  only the one computer was showing.  My computer and  my wireless laptop were no longer listed.  I tried numerous things, installing a network etc... I used the online tech support, which is totally useless and verizon should just get rid of it.  I mean come on I am talking to you on the internet and you are going to ask me if the modem has power to it.  Anyhow I digress.  Can someone please give me some suggestions or tips to get my other computers back online?
0 Likes
Re: hope some one can help me
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 To better assist you, it would help to know the brand and model of that modem...

#2 Is Wireless enabled in the modem combo (modem and router all-in-one)?
0 Likes
magnum1973
It is an actiontec gt704wg.  I don't even care about the wireless right now I just want to be able to get the 2nd one that is hooked up via ethernet cable.
0 Likes
westom
Contributor - Level 1

@magnum1973 wrote:
It is an actiontec gt704wg.  I don't even care about the wireless right now I just want to be able to get the 2nd one that is hooked up via ethernet cable.

Start with the simplest information.  When the Ethernet Cable is connected, do indicator lights on the Actiontec and on the computer's network interface port light?  Lights indicate signalling exists between the two devices - most basic information.

If OK, then open a Command Prompt windows (under Start>Programs>Accessories, or click on RUN and enter CMD, or view Windows Help).  In that command Window, enter IPCONFIG  or   IPCONFIG /ALL  to learn what you have.

Also in Cmd Prompt, enter PING 192.168.1.1  to see what it really connects to.

In each case, you are not yet fixing anything.  These exercises provide facts so that your replies can be useful.

0 Likes