horrible experience with verizon DSL
alan_nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I been using verzion dsl for few years. i have same experience few times already. my internet dropped to around 0.6Kbps before. i call up verizon and they fixed it on their side. internet work as normal without problem. This time i got same problem. the difference is i lost dial tone for a week and i call my home # it forward to someone else. After verizon fixed the voice/dialtone. my dsl act up. it dropped to 1.2Kbps since 2 week ago. it dropped to 0.6Kbps last few days. i didn't call verzion when it dropped to 1.2Kbps. I think they are working on fios upgrade down the street. Now it go down to 0.6Kbps. I call tech support today. he want me to go thru all testing. i dunno how many times i did that before. end up the problem on their side. I am thinking switch to cable. None of my friend using cable have to go thur the same thing twice a year. That's the cycle. I call verizon almost twice a year for same problem.

0 Likes
Re: horrible experience with verizon DSL
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide the modem's Transceiver Statistics and the modem's System Logs? If you don't know how to get these pieces of information, tell us what modem you are using, along with any routers.

alan_nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

how can i get the status ? it is pure modem not the one with router

0 Likes
alan_nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Transceiver Revision: 7.1.254   Vendor ID Code:        4   Line Mode:               G.DMT-Mode   Data Path:               Interleaved   Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 512 864 Margin (db) 6.5 12.0 Line Attenuation (db) 45.5 18.5 Transmit Power (db/Hz) 12.0 11.0

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your line is having a noise issue, hence the slow speeds and disconnects you are having. If you have access to a NID, if possible, take your modem out to the NID to see if the problem is with your inside wiring or if it is Verizon's responsibility to solve.

If you're wondering what your NID is, it would be the box or location where the copper drop from Verizon's network meets up with your home's wiring. Modern NIDs will have a Customer Access portion with a telephone jack inside, which is used for testing lines out. If you have an older style NID, you can either wire up a jack yourself (and disconnect your home's wiring temporarilly) or you can get a Verizon tech out to check the physical copper loop.

alan_nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

forget it.. i am going to switch to cable. since after they fix my dialtone in CO. my DSL have problem. it doesn't make sense the problem is on my side. verizon just have horrible customer service aned support

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

The issue you are having is what Smith6612 said. You also mentioned that your dialtone was gone. When they fixed your dialtone they may have had to move you to another line pair in the street or in the CO. The new line maybe a poor quality or the distance from the CO is longer with the new line. If this is what happened which does. I know you did not move, but the copper lines from the CO to the various address around it travel in many different directions. So 1 line pair in the street may travel totally different the another line pair. Also that line pair you are on may have too many bridge taps on it or too many T1 in the bundle it is traveling with. Call Tech Support and have them run a line test.

alan_nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

they keep saying send a tech to my place. i don't have time to wait at home for tech to come over. i found no matter what. verizon just send out the tech out. i would say that they can fix it in CO or another pair of wire from CO to street terminal. why bother sending out the tech ?

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry to hear that you are upset with the service, but in order to get a CO tech to work on the issue a regular Field Tech needs to go outside and test that the outside line from your house is testing ok. If the outside tech does not find or see any issues outside, then the tech will call or route the issue to the CO to test it there. Like I said. It maybe outside or in the CO. This issue will need to be looked at from your home back. Believe me I know what I am talking about. I have many years experience. Let them do their job so it can be repair.

alan_nyc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

another interesting news from my friend. my friend have a business across the street from my place. she don't have voice service for around a month. it happen since verizon doing something down the street. rumors about they are upgrading the wires for fios.

0 Likes