installation woes
Your0wnBrother

So I was scheduled for internet installation and a re-wire for my new home moving my service to the new location... the appointment time was from 2-4pm waited until after 4 and nobody arrives or calls to perform the installation. Internet service was cut off from the house I was in the day prior. I called Verizon and went through all those annoying computer prompts to get to a human being to talk and explain my problem. after about 10 minutes of being on hold waiting for someone to answer my call finally someone decides to answer. She barely speaks english heavy chinese accent and can barely understand what I am saying... okay I struggle through and getmy complaint across that I have not been serviced yet and I am still awaiting install for my service. She puts me on hold to contact dispatch, okay I can wait if this gets resolved. She comes back and tells me she is still waiting for dispatch to get back to her. a little more frustrated now that I have been on the phone over 20 minutes waiting, I ask her to see if she can get me an answer if the tech is still coming to do the install or should I re-schedule, she says she doesn't know and asks for a callback number so she can reach me when she gets an answer, gave her my callback and she said I would receive a call within the next 10 minutes with an answer.... here we go. Another 40 minutes later I call back and go through the prompts again and wait another 15 minutes on hold before speaking to another human being. Chad bro chill answers and I xplain that I was waiting for word back from dispatch to see when my service will be installed seeing as it was now well after an hour passed the end of the appointment window. he tells me he will contact dispatch which apparently can anly be reached via IM. waiting on hold for a response from the ever so expedient dispatch team I get an answer about another 15 minutes after being put on hold. well they called the tech and left a message. the tech didn't answer and I was informed that they called his work phone so he MUST be working on something not to answer. Are you kidding me! keep calling until you get him on the line. The verizon employee informs me that they have called him and left a message and asks what more I want from them if he didn't answer. I want my service installed like I paid for and not to be jerked around by customer service. after this call ended I attempted to reach out 8 more times during the night to atempt to get internet turned back on at the old location so I had internet for the night at least, I cannot get a person on the phone now 45+ minutes on hold before the automated machine hangs up on me. Today is a holiday so of course nobody is answering. I am probably going to be without until after Tuesday when I have to call back and see what I can even do about getting installation done. This is NOT how I wanted to spend the start of the new year. maybe comcast can install without all these problems.

0 Likes
Re: installation woes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 0wnBrother,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.Private Support Case

0 Likes