ip address
jns66

Hi all; it appears as though i've acquired a virus, to which I used my system restore to" go back in time" and correct. As a result of the virus I lost my ip address. Secondly; i'm prompted with a dialog box which states that I have a problem with my realtek driver...rtl8168c(p)/8111c(p). Well...since I can't get on the internet to download/repair this driver...I'm stuck. Any suggestions  to connect to the internet would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance. 

0 Likes
Re: ip address
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the install or Restore Disk for your computer?

#1 If so, use that to reinstall/restore your computer...

#2 Then restore your data from a known safe backup.

0 Likes
Re: ip address
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@jns66 wrote:

Hi all; it appears as though i've acquired a virus, to which I used my system restore to" go back in time" and correct. As a result of the virus I lost my ip address. Secondly; i'm prompted with a dialog box which states that I have a problem with my realtek driver...rtl8168c(p)/8111c(p). Well...since I can't get on the internet to download/repair this driver...I'm stuck. Any suggestions  to connect to the internet would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance. 

jns66,

If you want to attempt a less intrusive option first, you may want to run a virus scan in safe mode with networking turned off.  See if you can't ID the malware and manually remove it (assuming a simple scan doesn't do it).  You may get lucky.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes