linksys router no longer working
fleeteedo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had NO problem swith my linksys router unti I installed the model Westell 6100F.  After having to perform a hard reset on the dsl modem to get it to work. I tried to reconnect my router to my network and it will not connect.  I can connect to the net directly through the dsl modem but NOT through  the router. My router worked for years until Installed this new dsl modem.  I am using dhcp with all factory defaults for the router. - has anyone had this problem ?

My router is a Linksys BEFSR41.

Message Edited by fleeteedo on 02-19-2009 05:47 PM
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: linksys router no longer working
fleeteedo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank Provider 7.  The next day I noticed that my router and the new dsl modem were using the same address. Off I changed the address of the router and everything worked just fine.   For those of you who had the same problem go to the Linksys website and search the FAQ at http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&message.id=2243

Although I could have done it by myself there were step by stpe instructions - always nice to make sure you cover all the bases. So everything is working fine. I hope this post helps someone else !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Do you have the modem connected to the Wan port of the router?  You will need to change the ip address on the Linksys.  I made mine 192.168.1.3
0 Likes
fleeteedo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank Provider 7.  The next day I noticed that my router and the new dsl modem were using the same address. Off I changed the address of the router and everything worked just fine.   For those of you who had the same problem go to the Linksys website and search the FAQ at http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&message.id=2243

Although I could have done it by myself there were step by stpe instructions - always nice to make sure you cover all the bases. So everything is working fine. I hope this post helps someone else !

0 Likes