lost connection after power failure
gkw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone explain why my system needs manual intervention to come back online after a power failure?  After waiting 20 minutes on hold last night and over 30 minutes to finally talk to someone today, he has no answers.  I do not have this problem with Comcast at my other home.  Or with Fiber service at my camp up north?  There are systems in my home that rely on internet connection to be running.  Driving 120 miles to unplug and re-plug a modem is not a viable solution.

What is the problem???

And why is there no one to answer the phone at Verizon?  Or a way to leave a call back??  Or even an estimated WAIT TIME??  This is rivaling the Registry of Motor Vehicles!!

0 Likes
Re: lost connection after power failure
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your equipment on a UPS? What equipment (modem and router) are used?

0 Likes
mrsteve3

I think your reply is ridiculous. Whether the user has a UPS or not doesn't matter. His question was why the equipment (Router/Modem) needed manual intervention after a electrical power loss!

I too, agree that Verizon Fios' support is terrible. I too, had a power loss and have difficulty getting my laptop (and hardwired to router PC) to reconnect, even after rebooting both Router and Modem several times. Infuriating! The Fios support webpages' links don't work, and the router IP address to check the setup are nowhere to be found or don't work (https://192.168.1.1 returns a empty webpage!!!)

It looks like I just may have to return to Cablevision where the support is very much on a higher level than Fios!!!

Now answer the user's question properly, please!

0 Likes
gkw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for noticing.  No reply or fix yet.  Tech came to house and said he would look into it and get back to me.  Still waiting..

When your home alarm system relies on a phone connection to work, the VZ FIOS system is not a viable one.

0 Likes