modem/DSL equipment upgrade
moss158
I am using a fujitsu speedport modem for my Verizon DSL.  How can I get a upgrade or new modem from Verizon?  Does Verizon offer equipment upgrades from time to time?  I have had Verizon DSL for over 10 years.  My last modem stopped working after a recent thunderstorm.  Thank you.
0 Likes
Re: modem/DSL equipment upgrade
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Verizon bills for new modems but other people have said that if you sign up for a service plan they will send you one with a low monthly charge.
0 Likes
moss158
Is there a modem or modem/router availible that I can purchase elsewhere that is compatible with Verizon DSL?  I am using the fujitsu speedport modem and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router now.  Is it even worth messing with, or should I just keep using what I have now? 
0 Likes
moss158
I might add that I am only using the basic DSL service, "up to 1mbps" DSL.  Thanks for the replies.  
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Personally I would buy a DSL modem off of E-bay. Just look for the modems setup for Verizon. I've bought a few already. Cost should be about $20.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
And if you need to enter in any VPI and VCI settings..

The VPI is 0

And the VCI is 35.

^^
0 Likes
moss158
I have been checking eBay for Verizon DSL modem/routers.  Which model should I be looking for?  Which model is the latest?  Which ones should I stay away from?  Which one works best?   Which one do you recommend?  Thank you.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you don't need wireless the Westell 6100 is fine. If you do need wireless than look for a Westell 7500.
0 Likes
moss158
Thank you!  Off to eBay. 
0 Likes