poor to no connection and bad customer service
mariettagrad11
Enthusiast - Level 2

i live in VA and for 3 weeks now i have had 80kbps -800kbps , or we have no connection for hours.

for past 3 weeks i have called dispatch a total of 5 times and have had 5 appointments none of which were kept by verizon.

they either didnt call or show up or a Automated message would call and say "our testing shows your service is working, if this is not the case please call and reschedule" so i call and they tell me it will be a week beofre they can have a tech, and again they cancell on me with no notice.

i have no service, the line from the poll is on the ground from a tree that fell, i have called 5 different times and calling again whenever they open today , **bleep** what is this **bleep**.

Verizon i will be talking to you today and it wont be pretty.

online account number

{edited for privacy}

Re: poor to no connection and bad customer service
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
mariettagrad11
Enthusiast - Level 2

well called dispatch again and they have to open another ticket so now it will be next wednesday before they show up. if they show up.

they also keep putting the ticket in saying i have no service so then the automated system thinks that my line is fixed. this time it was supposed to be doine as an intermittent ticket so they should be there regardless. this is crap. with each appointment they need to send someone next day, none of this well sry sir pls wait another week.

you get paid no matter what but i have to take off to be home for this and then the tech neither calls, nor shows up. whos going to pay me for lost wages. ?

Jdcell
Enthusiast - Level 2
Let me start off iv had verizion dsl for over 2 years. From day one I would have to reset my router 2times a day And it only got worse many many calls to tech support changed out routers same thing then for the last 3 months had to reboot router at least 10 times a day I was at my breaking point I finally called tech support last Saturday and said send somebody here to fix this I'm not getting off phone till I have dat. They say Tuesday verizion shows up goes to the phone jack wher router is plugged basically rewires it and say its fixed i run Ia speed test and it was real low show him he goes test jack again and it's dead he ran I totally new line put in a new jack took him like 15 minits it's running perfect now didn't lose Internet once since he ran the new line. He said something in the phone wire in the house was causing this. I'm so effen happy. So for people whose Internet keeps going out and yr resetting the router multiple times a day. Tell them to run a line to the box on the outside of yr house with nothing on that line but yr internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mariettagrad11 wrote:

well called dispatch again and they have to open another ticket so now it will be next wednesday before they show up. if they show up.

they also keep putting the ticket in saying i have no service so then the automated system thinks that my line is fixed. this time it was supposed to be doine as an intermittent ticket so they should be there regardless. this is crap. with each appointment they need to send someone next day, none of this well sry sir pls wait another week.

you get paid no matter what but i have to take off to be home for this and then the tech neither calls, nor shows up. whos going to pay me for lost wages. ?

Have you tried asking around on this forum for help on getting the problem solved? We can at least see who is truly to blame. There are times where issues relating to speed can be solved by other means or by fixing up something inside the house, and it saves the hassle of staying at home waiting for someone to show up. If you want to do this, let us know and we can see what we can do.

@Jdcell: Glad to hear the problem has been solved. Homeruns tend to help a ton in a bunch of situations 🙂

0 Likes
Jdcell
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm extremely happy with verizion now. Once they ran that direct line from router straight to box on outside of house it's never shut off once yet and speed is in between 2and 3 mps. It's so nice going on Internet anytime you want I'm extremely happy my problem is fixed
mariettagrad11
Enthusiast - Level 2

great idea. i have a feeling if they ever show up they will just do a crap fix and it will work while they are there but the second they leave it will be **bleep** again, then i have to start this process over.

0 Likes
mariettagrad11
Enthusiast - Level 2

well they did show up and the tech reluctently ran a line from a pole 2 houses down to a pole infront of my house then down the pole and across the length of my fence and then through my yard to the box, said it would be temporary because he cant hook up the line at this time. so i have bright orange wire everywhere.... but at least i have internet yet its only a steady 1.7m  but this is still slow. i think you should only pay what you get in speed not for a range of speed that i never even touch.