prehistoric outside wiring prevents steady WiFi
jojo2430

I’ve been trying to have steady internet for so long I try to put up with the intermittent service in hopes of some soon to be upgrades in service in my area but I still pay full price  for part time service daily. I’m having issues with my MacBook and apple is trying to help me but I have to be on internet for a long time while they screen share and I can’t do it because my WiFi status in always saying looking for connection then when it changes to on it only lasts a short time especially in the afternoons and early evenings. I’m trying to upload a data file 249MB zip to apple so they can see what’s happening and fix it. But I can’t upload more than 30-40% of the file before my internet quits and I have to start over. This happens every day every time I try. Now I have to drive elsewhere to upload it. How many service calls have I had on this issue? 6 at least and I’m going to ask for another. I try to use internet when my Verizon will let me but I’m so frustrated. I bought a booster for upstairs but that doesn’t help when the booster doesn’t get a signal either. I’m so dissatisfied with my service and with not being able to do what I need to or want to from my home with internet. My phone plan is over limits monthly because I have to use my data instead at home where my useless WiFI is. This is so much more costly. Can I ask for credit?

0 Likes
Re: prehistoric outside wiring prevents steady WiFi
jonjones1
Legend

First WiFi is not a stable medium for continuous internet access.

you must be hard wired to your router to get stability or higher output. Not WiFi 

when you speak about wireless, I would suggest you get a unlimited plan. 

Third what is your routers name? Or are you using customer owned equipment. 

Verizon routers are not that great for WiFi. And each device you operate must have the protocol you are connected to. AC is the best. N is acceptable. B/G not so much.

also depends on how the antennas are on the router. External is best. Internal not so good.

0 Likes
need a supervisor
jojo2430

The call center is worthless to me they cannot help me. They are nice people but they cannot fix my issues. I need to speak to a boss or supervisor about my internet service  and cannot get anywhere or any help. I am just short of cancelling all verizon services, altogether if my issues are not addressed soon. 

0 Likes
Re: prehistoric outside wiring prevents steady WiFi
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jojo2430,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes