problem with streaming video
mb2525

Hi

For hte last few months - any time I go to youtube or watch a streaming video I have to pause the video while it loads (sometimes I dont have that option and I cant watch the video at all).  The video plays for a sec and then pauses then starts and does this thruout hte video.

any help will be great.

I use windows vista - firefox and internet explorer both have this problem.

ALso - if i click on a link and a new window opens (usually a picture) not an actual internet window - it will take a few seconds and everything will freeze while waiting for it to load - this is also something that just started happening in the last few months.

thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: problem with streaming video
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey do you have another pc that you can try watching videos for youtube just to verify that videos your trying to watch are not bad.

0 Likes
mb2525

Well I definitely know its not the videos because this happens EVERY time now. Never did this a year ago when I got this computer... just got worse.

I do have another computer I can check though just in case... but that is a much older computer and older windows. thanks...

0 Likes
Mata

We're getting fine DSL speeds but very slow Internet access. The download sppeeds are around 150 KB/sec at midday and are often at zero. Verizon seems to have changed the setup for the worse for us   near the beginning of the year. Hope they can cler this up or subscribers will leave indroves.

--Mata

0 Likes
mb2525

I had someone show me how to do a test - these were the results.  Of course I have NO clue what it means - but I was told to contact verizon about it...  Anyone here know if this is a verizon issue????   thanks...

ping test...

0% packet loss
36 ms ping
36 ms jitter

i got an "A"

speed test

said 3.3 out of 5 for verizon
video clip - 6 min
movie - 145 min

0 Likes