provisioned 3 mbps capped at 1.5 mbps?
tatoja
Enthusiast - Level 1

A week or so ago we had a bad storms in the area. My DSL line went down. I called they came, said something messed up down the street so they'll be back next day to fix it. They came and fixed it. DSL is back on. Overall it took 3 days.

The problem is since then i can't get over 1.5 mbps. Before this whole thing  I've got 3mbps most the time or close to it.

So i called tech support did the usual reboots, speedtest (1.52mbps) .

The guy is telling me my line is provisioned 1.2-3mbps you are in range it could be slow because a lot of people is online or depends on time of the day, yadi yadi yada.

Then I tried the chat. Told me they can't do anything over chat like issue a ticket so call tech support.

So I tried billing this time. Been on hold for over twenty minutes and then guy is saying he doesn't have a record of my DSL line puts me on hold and after a minute hung up on me.

Guys, who should i call? Billing, tech support or someone else?

My modem is actiontec gt701c and is says in modem Speed(Down/Up): 1792 / 448 Kbpsl. before it was 3000/748 or so.

I probably will call two more times and then if nothing I'm switching to cable.

Thanks

Re: provisioned 3 mbps capped at 1.5 mbps?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Forums!

KaLin

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder what they did besides repair the line. They probably were toying with the provisioning as well to see if they could get it to come up.

Could you post up your modem's Transceiver Statistics? The modem stats should be found in the ActionTec's System Status section, and mention statistics such as Attenuation, SN Margin, Line Mode, and speed.

0 Likes
tatoja
Enthusiast - Level 1

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream):  28/18

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 21/26

DSL Mode Setting: MMODE

DSL Negotiated Mode: G.DMT

Speed (down/up): 1792/448

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no reason for Verizon to have capped your line to 1.5Mbps. That circuit should be good for 5-7Mbps, and might slide with 10Mbps.

0 Likes
Re: provisioned 3 Mbps capped at 1.5 Mbps?
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue now.   Tech support says it is a line provisioning issue and to talk to sales to see if available.  You talk to sales and they say talk to support.  I am already in the 1.1-3MBPS but only getting 1.5.  Support says the area is set up with slots for each customer.  There are only so many slots for each speed provision within the 1.1-3MBPS.  1 slot is 1.5 another is 2.8.  There are only so many slots for each.  When 1 customer disconnects their service then that slot becomes open for a new customer at that speed.  HOWEVER how does an existing customer who is at 1.5 get in line so they can now get the 2.8?  I was told when I had this installed I would get the Mbps and it was available and of course it has not happened.

0 Likes
jeazor

Im having pretty much the same problem, let me know what you find out because im having absolutly no luck...

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Judy10 and jeazor, you two need to provide modem Transceiver Statistics. It's really the only way we as a community will be able to see what your line can and cannot do in it's current state. If you don't know how to get that information, just tell us which modems you two run.

0 Likes
jeazor

Here are my stats

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0
Vendor ID Code: 4
Line Mode: ADSL2+ Mode
Data Path: Fast

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3356 855
Margin (dB) 29.0 14.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 33.0 15.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 16.4 11.0

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jeazor wrote:

Here are my stats

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0
Vendor ID Code: 4
Line Mode: ADSL2+ Mode
Data Path: Fast

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3356 855
Margin (dB) 29.0 14.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 33.0 15.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 16.4 11.0

See my reply to that here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Not-getting-7Mbps/m-p/372741#M14985

0 Likes