"Blocked sender" tab and "Whitelist" tab gone
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2
V blocks entire swaths of my incoming email as spam. The above-mentioned tabs no longer exist in my account since the site was redone. Now I can't even whitelist legit senders. I watched a video about using their spam detector, but it was geared toward the old interface. Mail Options now takes you to the email itself instead of options for email. Oy, vay. Has anyone had any luck by calling their help line? They were useless 2 months ago.
0 Likes
Re: "Blocked sender" tab and "Whitelist" tab gone
Ally
I am having the same problem.  I have one particular sender who's email is continually block, but the blocked mail doesn't show up in my Outlook spam filter.  I have to log on to Web mail to find out what e-mails I am not getting.  If anyone  know how to correct this, i would be very greatful.  They are in my address book, so I don't know why this is happening
0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outlook Express is not involved here. Verizon blocks spam on their server before it gets to your mailbox. That's not the same as the spam you're

blocking in OE, which is the next step down the ladder. Think of it as a group of filters, V filtering out the spam first, and then OE filtering out whatever spam gets through

(if you'tre lucky.)  The issue here is with V's new spam detector.

Message Edited by Katz on 07-02-2009 09:14 AM
0 Likes
Ally
Thanks for your comment.  I fully understand the layers of security; however, they are blocking person emails  from a particular sender who is in my address book.  There is no reason for this indivduals emails to be blocked.  Verizon is of no help
0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2
I received a form letter about my complaint. I'm going to wait and see if they iron the bugs out of the spam filter before I call again.
0 Likes